March 3, 200818 yr comment_218054 Would like to try to get a group of hobbyist together to look at adding more species to the Marine allowable list. I need about 2-3 hobbyist who are keen and have some experience in putting together a submission. The work is not hard but takes time. I was looking at adding about 20 species of a mix of corals and fish. Please pm if you can help to add some value to the Hobby. Report
March 3, 200818 yr comment_218057 I'll do what I can in between doing what I'm supposed to be doing all day Report
March 3, 200818 yr Author comment_218063 would be great, just use the time you spend on fish sites and that will be more than enough time. If we don't add new species then it is going to be even more limited in a few years. Report
March 3, 200818 yr comment_218069 I would but am too busy studying don't forget to add Acans and Ricordias to the list please Report
March 3, 200818 yr comment_218070 can we ask what you are tryn to add?? would love to help but being full time at polytec dosent leave much time, but ill help in small ways if possable Report
March 3, 200818 yr comment_218071 i will help where ever i can ......... dont know how much help i will be tho Report
March 3, 200818 yr comment_218077 keen to help on a species or two do you have a template made up or previous submission to work off? Report
March 3, 200818 yr Author comment_218087 do you have a template made up or previous submission to work off? I do, and have example of others. But just trying to find out how lon don't forget to add Acans and Ricordias to the list please Ricordias are already on the list. can we ask what you are tryn to add? Not sure yet, Report
March 3, 200818 yr comment_218115 How come we don't get to see any Ricordias for sale then? they cost too much? the demand isn't high enough? Report
March 3, 200818 yr Author comment_218121 Hard to get. Especially red/orange type. Overseas imports tons daily so far better chance to get them. Here is a link of some they get overseas http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/col ... rdias.html Report
March 3, 200818 yr comment_218161 You should see some of the ones the guys at nano-reef have, man they are stunning. Report
March 3, 200818 yr comment_218162 Please email me whatever it is, with instructions, & i'll do whatever i can. Report
March 3, 200818 yr comment_218179 Well obviously I'm pretty new to marine etc so no useful knowledge in that area but I do have some experience at putting together research proposals, ethics committee applications and writing etc for research (not in anything like this area though). However, if there's anything I can contribute I certainly will. Report
March 3, 200818 yr comment_218196 No knowledge required! Going by last time it's all pretty droll, just sussing out what to do with that software is what tripped up an old non technophile like me! :lol: Report
March 3, 200818 yr comment_218202 lol, well count me in, shouldn't take long if there's lots of us doing it Report
March 3, 200818 yr Author comment_218213 Thanks for all the pms. Sounds like we will have a good group. Will advise further once i work out a few details. Report
March 4, 200818 yr comment_218329 I'm happy to lend a hand if I can. Just let me know what I need to do. Willing to travel for a good cause! Report
March 4, 200818 yr comment_218337 Same here, although I don't have that much time, doing stage 3 uni Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.