I am Stoked ( my albino Taddies are morphing) Pics

Churchmouse

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah,I prefer them in the yellow with red trim,I mean eyes.the white ones have an anaemic look and even slightly artificial look to me.I can see the yellow ones surviving naturally in the wild like the yellow geckoes do but those pasty ones do nothing for me.

It is a good argument :D I thought albinolism is a lack of all DARK pigment, so provided the pigment consists of light colours and the eyes are red it is albino. Having said that, I still think you are right because as you say birds like this are lutino. So albino guppies with red bodies etc and red eyes aren't albino at all??? Whatever they are they are still awesome!! 8)

the darker ones are a beautiful looking frog

maybe the ones to use for future breeding

in breeding lutino ringneck parrots, using a normal bird carrying the lutino factor over a lutino hen usually produces a deeper yellow colour in the lutino chicks

whereas breeding lutino to lutino can produce paler chicks

Thank you and have to agree they are good looking little critters.

I intend to keep the darkest in colour as well as darkest eye colour ones for my breeding program as well as some of the normal ones that I got at the same time as I wouldn't be surprised if they are caring the genes as I believe these are the results of frogs carrying the genes mating not an albino to albino matings. I could be wrong time will tell