Proof that a small bit of censored or neglected info...

Ira

• 2 weeks later...
..... people in Dunedin complain its so cold down here to keep all the North Islanders away .......

What a great idea!.....

Has anybody noticed how cold it has been South of the Bombay Hills recently? Really freezing......

is there life south of the Bombays?

Do we in the north care?

To be 100% honest with you, My company use to donate $5000 per year to disasters in NZ but the anti Auckland campainers made me rethink this and now we donate to the Westpark trust and have a good holiday for ourselves

To be 100% honest with you, My company use to donate $5000 per year to disasters in NZ but the anti Auckland campainers made me rethink this and now we donate to the Westpark trust and have a good holiday for ourselves

I have some sympathy with this. Origionally from Palmerston North, I left home as a 16 year old & lived in Christchurch for 2 years. It was 2 years of never ending jibes about "North Islander", "pig islander", "jaffa" etc, ad nauseum. The odd joke is OK but 2 years regularly started getting a bit hard to take.

Then I left and went up the far north, past Kaitaia. People would ask where I'm from & i would say "Christchurch", and grit my teeth, waiting for the expected jibes and critisizms. But they never came, there would just be a smile and some friendly comments such as "oh really".

Now I live in Auckland and deal with people from everywhere. People in Auckland really don't care where other people come from.

However last Christmas after around 35 years away, I went back to Christchurch for a few days. It was fun looking around the city again and also interesting that in 35 years, the place is virtually unchanged.

But the long forgotten bad memories were brought back when people discovered we were from Auckland, there were exactly the same old jibes, attitudes have not changed.

Around 1/2 the people in Christchurch are lovely people, ( which includes everybody on this forum! :lol: ). But the other 1/2 have a fixation with Auckland and have convinced themselves Aucklanders have a problem with them. Some of these people have never actually been to Auckland, if they came & lived in Auckland for a while they might be surprised, as i was, at the lack of prejudice.

No Aucklanders have a problem with Christchurch, except, maybe, the ones that tried to live there till they got sick of the attitude and went back.

And one for the "did you know" file, Christchurch has 3 times the per capita suicide rate than the NZ average.