Baby Bird Help

tHEcONCH

So I have a new pet. One of the cats gave it to me. It is a baby sparrow, very young and small, but uninjured and in good spirits it seems. I have named it Peep. I've managed to get it to drink water from a syringe and eat a couple of 'turtle treats' after which it falls asleep for a while in its fancy new wine-box and paper nest. What should I actually be feeding it? Any other care tips?

don't feed white breads or milk

go to pet shop get hand rearing mix or softfood

can feed rolled oats soaked in water for 10 mins or so

little bit of jellymeat or cat food, baby farex, wheat bran, wheat germ, wholemeal breads

water with a little honey for energy, budgie seed etc

good luck

oh make sure food is warm it aids their digestion

We used to foster baby birds, it's not very easy as they can die of shock... But we fed go-cat soaked in water until they were soft. Beware as you can spend a couple of months raising it & then free it and have all the local birds attack it cos its in their territory :(

WHATEVER YOU DO DONT FEED HIM ANYTHING THAT CONTAINS MILK! I had a baby bird as well i fed him with bread soakd in milk and it died eventually.

As i found out later birds dont ave something in thier bodies that can handle milk. so milk works for them like slow poison. but i know for sure whats great for them,feed him crushed boiled eggs,they love it,very good for them. thats about all he will need.

Hope it works out.

If it's young enough to get really tame, keep it for a pet, hand raised sparrows are cool! If you or someone wants to put the time in, they can be trained to live outdoors, but return to sleep in a place you provide, plus they will come to you for food when you are outside. Cats are the big issue though.

it should do, when we had lil chiks we used to feed them eggs until they can eat.

also depends how small the sparrow is,if its so small it cant eat itself then eggs will be the only option,but if it eats itself then some flies and worms and eggs as well will do the job... thats what i didnt after i found out milk was nono . with other birds of cours,and they turned out fine.