another blunder

Cricketman

for the sake of not wanting to get banned or anything, the following happened at a certain petshop that will remain un-named, unless it is asked for by a mod or admin etc or someone who can help with the problem.

i went into a certain fish shop today with paul_r to have a look round, (something that i usually wouldnt do especially with this shop), and to my disgust i found a large pacu sitting in water so shallow that its dorsal fins were sticking out the top and was swimming on its side-ish around the tank.

also in this tank were a couple red-ear turtles that were swimming around and scratching the fish!! how totally unfair on the fish is that! surely there must be something of "animal cruelty" about it??

this is not the only ting that i have seen/experienced in this store, but by fr this has to be the worst case of in your face blaitant cruelty

Is there anyone here that could house a pacu if we were to get SPCA or similiar involved?? living art might be alright, cant remember if i asked him or not, but anyway...

what does it take to get a fish or a facility investigated? im pretty serious bout this so anyone who can help...

thanks

well lets say that it starts with a and ends in mates, and they use to have a large tank with 3 or so of them, and they were happish, now the big tank has gone and i think this one may be the last sole survivor. and at this rate i doubt that it shal survive for much longer.

im going to give living a call and see if he wants it, then call SPCA and tell them about the various things that i have seen, not just today (dead and dying fish in a couple tanks, and one tank that looks like it hasnt been cleaned for a few weeks) and the pacu, and tell them i know a animal shelter that would take it.

my main concern is that they may retrieve the fish but be forced to kull it without the facilities to keep it.

also i ask that no-one go in there and say anything, i would love the SPCA inspectors to go in and see it as it is, a scrungepit... if someone sayts something they may move it or something to try dodge teh bullet, but i think that they should have thier fish-keeping licence or whatever they have revoked.

i went to a shop last week that had a pacu with turtles in it olny had a nuff water to hold it, that was animates, :evil: i was going to take it but i dont know if it whuold stand up to my g gouramis may give it a hiding...

still if it is animates they got alot to awder for as they where selling tetras that the tank had just been treted with white spot.etc

as pet stores i though they had to have a quaily to buy by to sell..

you should report them ....

as i left the shop i ask a couple que about the fish the lady said as long as we sell them she didnt care much about the fish..... :evil: :evil:

you should go down and take potos and report them to the spca.if they not look after the fish what is the other amanals geting look after the same way.??? :evil: :evil: if the spca needs more witness to say what you are say is the truth i will talk to the spca if need be....

so go and get potos and ring the spca ill stand behind you on this one as it is disgusting behaver and what worry me what is the ohter amanals geting treat like...

also ill go down and take sum photos on my phone, looks less sus than a big macro camera

No, take the photos on your good camera, and make sure they are good photos. Then when they ask what you are doing, tell them you are taking the photos to show the SPCA. Once you have photo proof, who cares if they fix things straight away :wink: Get them scared!

if you are taking photos just tell them it is cos you want to check with a friend who has been looking for one of those fish if this one is too small for him (or something like that) you tell them its for the spca and without them being able to see if personally I dont think alot will be done (no offence meant to the spca but at this time of year they are exceedingly busy with the abandoned holiday animals left at home to fend for themselves while owners go away for a long long holiday themselves)

yea bro something must be done, was bloody disgusting, i would have taken the pacu, but he would be in a worse situation in my killie tanks.

Id love to know what the hell is going on, also sore a couple more dead/dying fish in their tanks, very poor show!!!!

ust got off the phon with the SPCA:

they are sending an inspector around today hopefully to have a look! +1 for the good guys, i also said that i know a heap of people that have witnessed other things, said and seen, so hopefully we can get something done!

if they at least buck up thier ideas and start looking after fish knowing that a population of concerned fishkeepers in the region and in NZ are watching them, at least that would be a victory.

they are going to give me a phone call about how its all going so lets wait and see.