Party Pills ??

snookie

absolutely against - my hairdresser died last year after mixing party pills and alcohol. had done it before but this time it killed him.

my daughters friend - aged 16 - was at a party last night where they were available and ended up at the hospital where a friend of hers was taken after using party pills.

surely you can have a good time without them and if you can't go somewhere else with better company!

I'm voting for them (not for my own personal consumption though), provided there are restrictions in place to stop kids taking them etc... Only Idiots take them so its simply Darwinian theory in practice... Skimming off those that came from the shallow end of the gene pool 8)

I'm voting for them (not for my own personal consumption though), provided there are restrictions in place to stop kids taking them etc... Only Idiots take them so its simply Darwinian theory in practice... Skimming off those that came from the shallow end of the gene pool 8)

i agree

also they are safer than other drugs i think with them gorn a few more people will try something worse JMO

i'd say for.

now there will be all those partypill-heads looking for a high, which can only be re-enacted by either: A) alot of enerygy drinks. B) another legal form for the high. or C) the real (or more powerful) drugs that the partypills were made as a legal substitute for. i doubt that alot of the partypill takers out there have any experience when dealing with the real thing, that there could be some overdose cases in the very near future.

and just because a ban on BZP comes into affect, it doesn't mean the manufacturers here will just sit down and stop trying. they will try to find a legal loophole in which they can bring out another alternative for the gap in the market since there will be no competition.

hmmmm thats kinda got me thinking :wink:

jus joking :lol:

for- if /when they are illegal it will just be another thing for gangs to make money from. there are always going to be muppets that OD on drugs, legal or otherwise. i tried them twice a few years ago, and didnt reckon they did very much, maybe this is why people take too many? hangover is much worse and longer lasting than the real thing too...

I'm neutral. After personal experiences with them, I'll never take them again, however I'm an advocate for "natural selection, survival of the fittest". If someone is stupid enough to take too many/mix with alcohol etc, then they deserve all they get. The world is full of stupid & useless people who have no clue, why should we bother wasting our time trying to save them from something like Party Pills, when they'll inevidably end up killing themselves another way?

and why not legalise drink driving as it will only get rid of the bad drivers... OK.... Im being stupid I know and dont really mean it but when I was young the same question was being asked about dope. The problem with any drug is the you are high. When people compare it to booze, you can have one drink and be OK but cant have 1 pill or 1 toke and be OK.

Almost 40 years ago, I cop stopped me driving home and asked if I had had anything to drink. The answer was too bloody rite mate, we just won the race I was in. He congratulated me and said stick to the side roads (traffic wasnt as heavy as it is now) I got home OK but another crewman was not as lucky and died. End result is that his family was and still is effected.

Trips were the party pills from that period and had a similar argument to what is presented here but the same result was found with the occasional death and sometimes harm to the taker. End result, the ones that are left behind are the true suffers. A good friend is a paraplegic and is totally relliant on his friends and family for even basic needs... think about it.

Yes, I enjoy a beer or wine. Maybe the odd Brambue or two but I can have one and not be drunk. Problem with drugs is that you are either high or not. You take them to get high.

Next thing is cost. Similar to tobacco, no use spending money on things that are not going to benifit you in the long run by giving you memorys for the future. If you need drugs/tabacco or booze to enjoy yourself, time to get a life with different things in it. Dont look back on your mates that have got ahead in life and say they were lucky when its you that have made the wrong decisions.

Here endith todays lesson :oops:

Ive had my say and wont say anything more

For/semi on the wall/semi un decided

They are just going to be driven underground and will be less regulated than they are now

In my experience the "druggies" dont seem to like the party pills at all. So have they failed to substitute?

Im sure more alc has killed many more people than BZP has(Ration of users to deaths)

I have always wondered why people can't have a good time without pills or alcohol

You can....its just a totally different experience with them

Never mix BZP with alc!

Oh and im sorry to hear about the death of the hair dresser

:(

If you want to kill some brain cells try "Rush" aka poppers :o :-?

something like over 1 million party pills consumed since they went onsale with only 2 or 3 deaths (and they involved mixing other drugs/alcohol which is clearly warned against on the labelling).

compare that to alcohol or tobacco and you get a far different story.

I'm pro-choice - however there are always going to be certain people (and not just the young ones!) within society that abuse (take too much, mix substances, take drugs etc and drive) that freedom of choice.

Making them illegal isn't going to achieve a great deal other than giving gangs and other dealers another product! people will still get hold of them (sooo many people stockpiling these things at the moment) and continue to take them... worse yet they might try and make their own.

A wide range of people are taking them from clubbers who want to stay up all night to long distance truck drivers etc... It seems (according to some of the industry spokespeople) that there has been some success in getting people of meth/P with these pills but this is only a small part of the market.

It'll be interesting to see what happens once they become illegal thats for sure - unfortunately I don't think we'll be seeing many of those 'loose units' behave any better or treat drugs (inc alcohol) with any more respect!

When people compare it to booze, you can have one drink and be OK but cant have 1 pill or 1 toke and be OK.

If you compare a small weak beer to a large dose of a strong drug, yeah. But it's perfectly possible to take a small dose of any drug, alcohol or weed or whatever you choose and not have a significant effect. I'd trust someone that's had one party pill a hell of a lot more than someone that's had a big glass of bourbon and claims, "I'm alright, I've only had one drink."

something like over 1 million party pills consumed since they went onsale with only 2 or 3 deaths (and they involved mixing other drugs/alcohol which is clearly warned against on the labelling).

compare that to alcohol or tobacco and you get a far different story.

I'm pro-choice - however there are always going to be certain people (and not just the young ones!) within society that abuse (take too much, mix substances, take drugs etc and drive) that freedom of choice.

Making them illegal isn't going to achieve a great deal other than giving gangs and other dealers another product! people will still get hold of them (sooo many people stockpiling these things at the moment) and continue to take them... worse yet they might try and make their own.

A wide range of people are taking them from clubbers who want to stay up all night to long distance truck drivers etc... It seems (according to some of the industry spokespeople) that there has been some success in getting people of meth/P with these pills but this is only a small part of the market.

It'll be interesting to see what happens once they become illegal thats for sure - unfortunately I don't think we'll be seeing many of those 'loose units' behave any better or treat drugs (inc alcohol) with any more respect!

spot on

reef: ban the internet while you are at it. world of warcraft has killed more people than bzp