Sand in bearded dragon Tank

bulldogod

i have a beardie

just wondering though - in the wild these guys eat and live on all sorts of substrate, basically where ever there is free space. Babies will pounce on anything that moves.

i dont think they are fussed. Interweb says that you should put this and that etc, but in the wild, no one looks after that,they jsut live. im sure they are not rfussed on sand, crushed rock, evens oil,real living grass, compost, and pebbles.

We have our beardie on carpet, commercial grade, so easy to clean.. we have a few bits cut to the same size for his tank, and each bit taken out on clean out is so easy to blast with the hose. Of course the carpet is earth tones so doesn't look artificial or out of place :lol:

Fine sand looks like a nice idea...

• 2 weeks later...
got sand in my water dragon tank , wasnt to sure about it till i did it and man it looks good and easy to clean

DSCN0329.jpg

DSCN0322.jpg

Dude your reptile tubes are way too high. UVA/UVB travels 25cm max. This will cause a major with the calcium absorption. Try to buy some arcadia light control units- the ones with the cord, as you can hang them down lower. Cool tank tho :D