herefishiefishie

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what happened with biotope tank

? :roll:

Still there, minus two Uaru :cry:

They got some sort of velvety disease and were dead overnight. Dont ask how, dont ask why, but it sure did F*** me off bigtime.

Biotope tank will soon become a home for heaps of glowlight tetras or something hopefully. Will still be blackwater biotope'd though :bounce:

Julidochromis transcriptus - and today I saw the first babies.

On looking closer there are actually two different sizes there, while the parents take turns giving something in the cave lots of fresh water :)

Has anybody else bred these?

What do the babies eat?

I bred mailieri but sure transcriptus are similar Baby jullies will eat what the parents do :) They keep breeding and breeding but I had trouble when the babies got around 2cm's because the male kept chasing them away from the new babies and the female almost killed him for it.. So take the babies out when they get a bit bigger to keep the peace :)

I have American only now.. :roll: gone against the trend.

I have discus, festaes, salvinis. The only Africans I have left are all the fry.

Frenchy :D

Post some pics of the festaes!!! I've always wanted them, they're on the list, but never seen them for sale :(

I've got uaru's, geophagus and a redhead sevrum.

Keyholes...

Which are my current favourite fish. So full of character and even quite intelligent for fish. Always seemingly up to something.

Their favourite food is shrimp pellet. drop one in the tank and they go crazy. Eventually, one Keyhole will set himself up as owner of the pellet and stand guard, chasing off the other fish. He'll be concentrating on the other fish so hard, he loses out on the pellet as the others swim round behind him and sneak in for a nibble as he chases away someone else. Often another keyhole will decide to take ownership of the pellet while his colleague is busy chasing off the nibblers. The new owner sneaks in, grabs the pellet and swims off with it in his mouth - with a convoy of new nibblers in his wake. The chase goes on until he drops it and tries to stand guard as his predecessor did... with the same results.