Very, very bad Monday Morning!!

Matt

Well I arrived at work this morning and was greeted by 2 x broken doors and glass everywhere, the first thing I thought of was "Oh No, I hope they haven't smashed my fishtank as well", and then I thought "surely no one would stoop that low"...... but oh yes these scumbags smashed the tank, obviously for their sick pleasure and killed my black Ghost Knifefish and 2 x Clown Loaches, my large clown loach and GBA were still breathing so I now have them at home in another tank, hopefully they survive. Fingers crossed the plants are ok as well, but the tank and possibly the stand is stuffed.

Stupid thing is appears to only be vandalism as at this stage as we can't find anything missing. We couldn't do any work this morning as we had to get a carpet cleaner in to get the 215 litres of water out of the carpet. Hopefully Karma gets them and they drown to death slowly like my poor fish :evil: :evil: .

My tank on Friday:

IMG_1927-800x600.jpg

My tank now:

IMG_2011.jpg

IMG_2003.jpg

My condolences to you.

I feel like crying. I don't like hearing stories like that.

That is a disgusting thing those *&$%^#@'s did. I agree let them suffer a terrible fate. :evil: I think it is one thing to deface something, another thing to steal but it is really bad when you start deliberately killing loved and precious pets.

Oh that sucks (I would use stronger words, but forum rules lol)

I HATE pointless vandalism. Yeah, people break in to steal valuables (and yeah, hate that too), but when they have to smash everything within reach while they are there really sickens me

Will insurance cover your tank losses?

Hey Matt

For the time I've kept fish I've come to realise that they are more intelligent than most people give them credit. Recognising the food container, their little performances to us and each other.

Isn't it amazing that such creatures should have more going for them than the (EDIT - Al) wits( apologies to Mods) responsible for that.

Karma- I wonder if as many people would feel for them should suchmisfortune come their way? I think and hope not.

All the best mate.

I almost cried to read this too. Suddenly my Monday doesn't seem too bad. I'm so sorry to hear your news. =(

If a fish dies through my own negligence, at least it still has some kind of meaning and it's something I can learn from, but senseless vandalism is just completely meaningless and upsetting. I'm backing Karma on this one too.

Good luck to your surviving fishes.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

The police have been and managed to get a shoe print off my LCD screen which they threw on the floor and stood on :roll: , no fingerprints but at least they got something.

The two surviving fish were ok when I checked at lunchtime. Not sure if insurance will cover the tank yet, will find out tomorrow.

Cheers,

Matt

Such senseless stupid crimes require the death penalty. Unfortunatly there's not a shortage of this kind of person, so why waste time/money on trying to rehabilitate them to have "decent" morals/standards that should have been taught to them by their parents.

Sad thing is even if they do catch the bastards they'll get a slap on the hand and not much else.

Im sorry to hear about it Matt, the tank looked awesome I hope it is covered by insurance and they catch the buggers that did it..

Its always been my biggest fear if someone breaks in is them smashing my tanks or harming my pets they cant be replaced!