Long, funky and what the...?

Loopy

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Got those two when I went in to the LFS and asked if they had kuhli loaches in stock. Unfortunately the smaller one died after about a week or two, I think it got damaged when being caught as they were in a tank with deep substrate and it took ages to catch one of them as it kept disappearing into the substrate. I think I'll order a few more as they are cool even if you only ever see a nose sticking out of the substrate.

MAF has destroyed 3 of these that somoeone i know bought. They are definately on the lookout for anyone else that has these fish. They said it is an eel probably come from asia and grows to at least 2 foot and is certainaly not something that would want to be released into the water ways.....they are probably keeping an eye on this thread too to find out who ese has them. :o

lucky they destroyed them! could you imagine the destruction a 2 foot TROPICAL eel could do to our trout industry! even worse imagine how many cats,stoats,ferrits,dogs,rats,mice,possums,pigs,deer,humans,perch,koi,rudd,tench,bullheads e.c.t could choke on them!!!!! phew that was a close one.....always good to see our tax dollars working smart! :P :facepalm:

MPI might like to look at why these were released from quarantine by them and wether it might be better to employ someone who can identify fish rather than treat diseases in cows and horses. There are experts in identifying fish out there---perhaps if not sure they might like to ask them.