Filtration

Barrie

Im setting up a breeding battery of tanks the will house 12 twin tanks of 600 x 300 x 300 with a devider in the middle. I have noticed that quite a few setups have air stones only in their tanks but would I be better off with putting a filter in each?

Im thinking of say an Aqua-one small filter (the smallest) in each 300 x 300 x 300 unit?

I'd go for a decent air pump, a big one, you know you'll need it Barrie, and go for the sponge filters.

You don't have to worry about babies being sucked thru a system then.

Cheap to run and easy to clean.

Not taking you long mate.

When was it?

Last Week or something that you got in touch??

Stop thinking too.

You ARE NZKA 113

No air or filtration?

how often would you do water changes and how much would you change then?

Am I better of with air and filters or just wasteing $$$

Thanks for all the help and hope Im not proveing to be a tooooo bigger pain in the rear

Thanks

I get the first stand some time next week and have a few of the tanks made so will be looking at the filters next and looking at finding a place that I can steal back from my wife hobbies

There were some filters on tm last week that are a sponge filter with a difference. They have a bit inside the sponge that has space for filter material like carbon to go in it. smcoleman has them at his place. Might be an alternative.

There were some filters on tm last week that are a sponge filter with a difference. They have a bit inside the sponge that has space for filter material like carbon to go in it. smcoleman has them at his place. Might be an alternative.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pe ... 80.htm?p=3

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pe ... 31.htm?p=4

i use them too, they're pretty good but takes up space.

For my killi tank 300x200x200 I make my own filters.

Get some thick sponge cut into blocks 50-70mmsq x 100mmH and silicone firmly to 5mm class.

Cut a hole down the middle place a tube that is big enough to have an air tube placed in side it and thats it, they work very well even better then some of the small sponge filters that are available.

• 5 weeks later...

We did wok. It was ongoing and a last minute decision just before we flew out. Since we had been dealing with them and been impressed with the service we thought we could trust them to post out the goods when completed. They were also Govt. approved. :cry: