Molly Hunt 04/02/07????

dave

G.D. I could meet you in Taupo and take you there or alternatively you could download a map from Tumonz live.

Dave there is very poor parking and nowhere to mill around at the Molly pond ,however there is a bridge just before you get there where the Tokaanu stream is where everyone could meet.(plenty of parking beside the stream).

Thanks Jim - i have enticed a friend into going with me, so we're fine to get there but need to know where to go :roll:

Tumonz live, cool, will take a look. Thanks :D

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Years ago (20ish) I took the family camping down at the mollie pool

Went on towards that maori village, straight ahead and not up the hill.

Parked up the caravan there for four days.

So it is a place that could be considered too.

Plenty of room for cars and away from the highway.

Good safe place for swimming, and at the village they have lake-side hotpools for bathing.

But I would think that those would be tribal tho.

Koha - Gift, Nowadays Gift is considered as "Cash"

Slab - tray of beer - not Pizza Hutt Slab Pizza :lol:

rofl.... I was looking into an elephant tour thing in thailand, and they ask you to give a "personal gift to show your appreciation", and then mention that most of the guides are partial to cash :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can just see us rocking up to the locals and laying out peace offerings of beer :D

Jim I do know the stream as i have jumped in there a few times after mud wrestling with the local mollies that is . In previous years we have just parked along the side of the road from the 70kph just on the Little wahi side of the bridge . I am sure we can do the same hope not to attrach to much attention but i have that covered might just make the local paper :D:D Rember start time is 10am will be there from 9:45am

Will be staying at club habatit on saturday night

Next Sunday I will be sitting at the lookout point on SH 1/5 on the left hand side of the road just before you see lake Taupo (if you are comeing from Hamilton/Tauranga/Auckland/Rotorua direction) untill 9.00am if you need direction. Anyone who would like to come Saturday and make a weekend of it I can offer floor space in a crappy 2 bed unit with a very warm welcome and bacon and eggs for breakfast . No charge, freindship in return is all we ask please pm if interested..

Thanks Jim, but i'm driving up on sunday morning so may not get there by 9am. Will try and be there, but probably not.

Thanks for the Tumonz live link - Wises maps were getting all confused, but on Tumonz i found the place where the 'water crosses the SH', so we'll just head there and ask around for wherever we all end up meeting.

That's a good point - what will they eat once they come home?

Oooh, i have another question.... how long does it take to get them used to fresh water?

Do i just bring back enough of their swamp water to bang into a tank, and then do water changes with freshwater?

Would 10% freshwater water changes be ok for them? Graddduuuaallllyyyy change the water from brackish. Or is there a better way?