Molly Hunt 04/02/07????

dave

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep Daniel they are introduced but have some green, purpulish colours which look very nice under th correct lighting.

Please rember to contact me to let me know if you are coming, where you staying as i will try my best to co orditnate this trip so everyone knows where we are at. Keep this thread going as it is really encourging to see so much ethustumium by potential great molly hunters :D:D

We are definitely coming and have booked the MX5 on the ferry. Thanks to Helen and spidersweb for the bed on Sunday. Hope to visit a few in Wgtn if there is time as we go home late Monday. We plan to visit the Egyptian Exhibition at Te Papa.

Am so tempted to go again Dave.

Wonder if I can "arrange" something to be there for a while?

What is the exact plan? Molly hunt on the Sunday morning - and the prawns afterwards (for lunch)? That would work fine with people driving north again!

Well before you venture into the great unknown, I must warn, or should I say,

remind you of what happened several years back when the Molly Hunt was intimidated by some local maoris.

Well apparently this was not a one off.

I have been in touch with a friend in the aqua education business and he sent me this

Tell the guys to watch out for the local Maoris. We have a group of students go there every year when they are in Taupo doing other stuff and last time (October) they got a bit of flack from a local Maori who tried to tell them that it was a sacred lake and they couldn't take the Mollies (not unless they paid $70 per fish!!). Complete bullshit of course!

I think I'd be inclined to inform the local constabulary of your intentions,

just in case.

But don't let them beat you.

Just pay the $70 per fish -- - - - - -- Yeah right