We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.
Everything posted by blueether
-
Pale fish
Yes the shape is the same, the colour is a little different but not much.
-
Maps
Topo maps are good. I've converted the whole north island into google earth overlays so I can switch between map, satellite(aerial) and topo
-
My tank
dragonfly larvae bad photos excused
-
Happy happy
None of us can tell the state of you tank from here. You either have to feed and test, or feed and trust your instincts.
-
African Clawed Frog
zoos are containment facilities, so they can hold many things that the public can't
-
Pale fish
Shortjaw have a dark splodge behind the gill plate.
-
galaxiid ID
I'd agree with the above, bit [good] photos always helps
-
How to catch limpets?
Find a cold, bush clad stream and start your search there. They like cool water that is well oxygenated
-
Pale fish
The shortjaw that I've seen were quite pale compared to banded and koaro
-
Red Whiptails
Mine are in with the guppies, kuhli loaches etc so I just removed him in his tube. He is back with her again. For the last 2 days I've only seen one or two fry and tonight I cant see any, so I don't think it has worked - will have to try again
-
ar-620. is it tempered glass or regular glass?
in bright sunlight is best
-
Happy happy
My chiller is all ready running (set for a max of 19), but I do have a lot of flow (the more flow the more watts the more heat) Koura and plants dont mix Tarndale is a no go Redfin like lots of flow, Cran;s seem to not mind it and commons not so much current
-
Hi I am back after 7/8 years and I can still log on :)
Welcome back
-
Frog question
Give people some time mate, not all of us are on the internet all day every day.
-
CrunchBangs Marine tank
I think I would clad it as at the momnent the looks to be very little lateral support Other than that looks nice and tidy
-
Aqua one CF1200 filter stop working help plz
It might just me the impeller and shaft that need replacing. Take the head in to the local and see if they will test a new impeller in there for you... Well the filter is not running I would sit the media trays in the tank to keep the bacteria alive
-
Red Whiptails
I'm giving him a break for a few days as he has had around 3 or 5 clutches of eggs in the last 2 months
-
Red Whiptails
- Red Whiptails
Whiptail fry 6 or 7 days old now, and at least 7 or 8 are still alive (the most I counted was 10):- Keeping tanks cool without chillers
juveniles do seem more tolerant of temp, and often hang out in very shallow warm water (where the micro zoo. are?)- Suspected White Spot on Bully
It has only been 1 week, the spots that are still 'showing' were probably already attached to the fish. In cold water the life cycle is very slow - about 3 to 4 weeks. Read this graphic: from http://www.livingreefs.com/threads/oh-no-i-have-ich-what-do-i-do.30950/ As you can see at 24+ deg it take nearly a week for them to grow on the fish, so just think how long they will take to grow at 18 deg. And remember to keep the salt in the water for a good few weeks (I may have said 1, I now think 2 - 3 would be better) after all symptoms have gone.- Suspected White Spot on Bully
how much salt have you got in there (g per L)?- Bullys
I cant see Giant bullies breeding in an aquarium. I know that some redfin, common and Cran's don't go to the sea even though they have access to it. Not sure on the bluegill and uplands.- help identifying juveniles
And 15cm is probably too big to remove from the wild- Shrimp colours
I would tend to agree with that. One of my females is quite gold/brown - Red Whiptails