Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Caryl

Financial Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Caryl

  1. Certainly good for fry tanks but, as Ira said, they clog up quickly in other tanks.
  2. Welcome back. I assume by the temp in the 50's you mean F. We had 32C the other day here which is 89.6F so I guess we are experiencing a bit different weather to you :lol: Just came home from a lovely BBQ at a local reserve.
  3. We put in an outside electrical outlet and the wires run under ground.
  4. A peace lily is Spatiphyllum wallisii or Borneo Sword. It may be Anubias barteri? I have a peace lily in my bathroom and its leaves seem longer and thinner than that pictured here.
  5. A lot of plants are sold as 'aquatic' when in fact they are not.
  6. Caryl replied to Billaney's topic in Catfish
    Ya gotta know the right people eh?
  7. Not necessarily. I only do water changes on my tank about once every 3 months (if that) but it looks better than the one pictured I must say Check it out in the freshwater tank section
  8. I hope you take the time to write a letter to the company saying how impressed you were. Most people only write to complain and I am sure they appreciate letters of support even more.
  9. Most shops will freight for a small cost ($15 - $20 depending on distance) I got my Jebos from Napier Deco City Pets and the other from Hutt Pet Centre. They were on special at the Hutt for $150
  10. I recommend the Jebo 819
  11. Looking good. Did it flower underwater?
  12. Caryl replied to antwan's topic in Freshwater
    So where is mum keeping her false teeth at night now? :lol:
  13. Caryl replied to Brianemone's topic in Freshwater
    Laguna is supposed to be good. I have one in my pond but it is not connected yet as it is too powerful for my needs and requires a slight mod done to it so I can't personally recommend them.
  14. Caryl replied to TM's topic in Saltwater
    You really need to go to a shop and handle each camera to get the feel of them. I love my Sony as it fits well in my hand and I can actually walk along with it hanging comfortably from just my fingers but others of similar size do not have the shape and balance to do this. Since it is a large camera and I often walk around with it, this aspect is important to me. Grant loves his new Canon.
  15. Caryl replied to Gatito's topic in Freshwater
    Ira's were certainly amazing in a group - he was amazed he couldn't get rid of them :lol:
  16. Caryl replied to Gatito's topic in Freshwater
    They are very peaceful.
  17. When I was hatching bbs in a 1kg peanut butter jar I used to hang it inside the main tank. Just the right temp.
  18. I wouldn't worry either. If the day is like ours today - 32.2C then you won't have to worry about the temp dropping
  19. Caryl replied to MrX's topic in Diseases
    That is an unusual mix of fish you have in there and many don't like the higher temperatures the discus prefer. Have you checked the temperature? Higher temps have less oxygen. Try adding an airstone to the tank.
  20. It will be clear at the bottom, the bbs usually hang about in the middle, once the aeration is turned off, or head towards the light (if you have one). Look in the middle of the coke bottle and you should see a slight shimmering. That is bbs.
  21. Redwoods and Organism at least have a lovely dark brown gravel which I find dark enough while still looking natural.
  22. Caryl replied to MrX's topic in Welcome
    A remonder to all newly registers members here... being a member of this forum does not make you a member of the FNZAS with its associated privileges and discounts. To become an actual FNZAS member you must join an affiliated FNZAS fish club. A list of these and contact details can be found as stated above.
  23. Caryl replied to MrX's topic in Diseases
    I do not use chemicals in my tank but have been told they upset the tank cycle and also give false readings on test kits.
  24. Caryl replied to MrX's topic in Diseases
    Is this a newly set up tank with these inhabitants in it for these few weeks? Ammolock and stuff stops the tank cycle from completing properly (they also stuff up test kit readings). Stop using the products and just do the frequent water changes.
  25. I only did so once recently as they were large cichlids and space was limited. I am friends with the Dr who heads the local A&E at the hospital and he gave me a small oxygen bottle and tubing A dive shop would be my other suggestion or do you know someone with a sick relative on permanent oxygen? A local rest home might help too as they will have lots of patients requiring it on occasion.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.