Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

Fish_Tank

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Fish_Tank

  1. I'm gonna sya start with 5 as well I'm also gonna say that i think 15 neons would be maximum for your tank... 0r 10 neons and 4 corys
  2. don't ask me how it works caryl :lol: all i know is several ppl said the same thing so i'll belive it untill experiance says differant
  3. Fish_Tank replied to Janet's topic in Welcome
    howdy 8)
  4. Fish_Tank replied to RobW's topic in Welcome
    welcome aboard I wouldn't do another tall tank again....after having 2 (one i couln't even touch the bottom, and i'm 6' tall :roll: ) long tanks are best
  5. Fish_Tank replied to Rob's topic in Catfish
    Some nice cats there I should ask if i can take a look at the list too :lol:
  6. so whats your idea of a large tank?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
  7. erm.....I think a "handfull" in a 2' tank would kill the fish
  8. here are a few ideas for ya these aren't my tanks , but i wish they were
  9. I use the 300w aqua-one heater in my 4' tank and it is compleatly under water I think it is better to have them compleatly underwater as there is less danger of the water evaporating to low and blowing the heater up hope this helps
  10. hey scotty, you were lucky to be given a tank that big i wish someone would give me a big tank anyway, lets start on these questions that sounds like black brush algea. a good way to get rid if that would be to go to the LFS and buy a couple of siamese algea easters :lol: I'm going to have to disagree with you there Caryl although this isn't personal experiance, i have heard alot of ppl say that plant fertiliser will actually kill algea don't take that as gospel though I'm going to presume that hagan test kits are pretty good cause they are the most expensive, but i'm not going to recomend them when you can go into picies aquarium and get a ph test kit for $11 I'd say 20% a fortnight would be sufficient cannister filters are usually classed as better filters because they have more media room. I would run both filters though as you can never have to much filteration (unless it is somthing crazy like a 2000lph filter on a 20l tank :lol: ) I think once a month is the norm....don't quote me on that though one thing i'd like to add.... as crazy as it sounds, i htink your fish are getting sick because of the sudden cleaning they would have adapted to the dirty water and all this sudden cleaning has shocked them....making them sick....not much you can do about it now though good luck
  11. Fish_Tank replied to fins's topic in Freshwater
    I'm gonna have to say a fire eel or a gold batik eel they get up to 3' 8) you could also put somthing like a pleco in with one
  12. definatly 120g wish i could get one
  13. Fish_Tank replied to Ira's topic in Freshwater
    congrats, well done have fun with the bubbies :lol:
  14. Welcome breakaway 8) You may find neon tetras aren't as hardy as alot of other tetra species... also, bigger tanks are alot easier to maintain believe it or not :lol: I recomend you look for something about 120lt or so (second hand tanks make the price alot cheaper :lol: ) good luck 8)
  15. Fish_Tank replied to Karen's topic in Welcome
    I can't help you either but welcome to the fishroom someone will come along with an answer soon :lol: catchya around
  16. Welcome abord from another south islander :lol:
  17. Fish_Tank replied to chimera's topic in Welcome
    welcome
  18. Fish_Tank replied to a post in a topic in Beginners Corner
    IF you are having a 20l tank, you will only need a 25w heater at the most. any bigger and you risk frying your fish!!!! I personally recomend you get something at least 80lt......20l tanks just do have the room for alot of the fish you will want. Look around for second hand tanks.....they are about 1/3 the price of a new tank!!!! i would go for a 3 foot tank and stand 1 single light tube internal filter (fluval, shark ect.) if you want you could get a airpump and a bubble wall for decoration
  19. lol caryl, thaat would look kool in your community tank eh?
  20. Fish_Tank replied to nightshade's topic in Welcome
    welcom nightshade hope we get to see you in chat some time we meet at 9pm every night
  21. I've had mr eel for almost a week now from day one he was ating blood worms outta my hand.... I'm slowly getting him further and further out of his cave such beautiful eels
  22. Fish_Tank replied to hevalump's topic in Freshwater
    keep your filtermedia in water of you'll lose all the bacteria and the tank will cycle again
  23. Fish_Tank replied to mechtiger's topic in Welcome
    welcome
  24. Fish_Tank replied to Benny's topic in Anabantoids
    The india giant gourami gets 10cm oh...and catfish_dude owns 2 of them the "giant gourami" is a huge fish but geing a anabantoid, I'm guessing they won't need as much space as other fish of their size. I would want a minimum of 6 x 3 x 3 for this fish personally
  25. here is one of my emerald catfish sorry about the quality :oops:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.