Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

I want

Featured Replies

I want An easy to look after big fish to be by itself in a heated freashwater tank. Any ideas??

I was thinking about either a big eel or an oscar or somthing similiar, What are the pros and cons of each of these? I would want something aggresive and carnivorice and 30cm or over.

Thanks

dont know much about eels but i have kept oscars b4 they are really mesy eaters so youll need a good filter and have to clean the filter often on the other hand they all have great personality usualy loners unless you got a big tank and they can be taught to eat out of your hand (its the coolest feeling having fish eat out of your hand) and the best thing of all obout oscars is if your breeding other fish and need to cull out any deformed fry the oscars get a free feed

eels are great but they do hide abit, sometimes alot depending on the eel.

oscars do better with other fish in the tank mostly to clean up any left over food they spit out.

borneo tigers do well by them selfs and become very friendly :)

they eat live food and dry food , mine eat's blood worm's as well,

How big do you want the fish to be? Oh, 30CM or over. Hmmm, Something like a jaguar, a midas, oscars aren't particularly aggressive usually. I think I'd go for the Jaguar, they're relatively uncommon so that's a bonus. Pretty sure they get over 30cm.

  • Author

Just about the jaguar cichlid, How big do these grow to and what size tank/filtration will I need. Also Does anyone know where I can get one?

Thanks for the input

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.