Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Aqua

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Aqua

  1. Aqua replied to Aqua's topic in Freshwater
    it's 48" side to side, 24" top to bottom & 24" back to front. NO bracing, it's an old turtle tank.
  2. What Polypterus do we have available in Auckland?
  3. Aqua replied to Aqua's topic in Freshwater
    How would a bichir get out though? The ledge is only halfway up the tank, so it'd have another foot to climb!! I thought about salamanders, but they're tiny, aren't they? And they'd be dwarfed by a 48"x24"x24" tank!! :lol: And the glass is only about 6mm thick... Using Warren's glass-thickness calculator thingamejig, the glass is too thin My boyfriend worked it out, 'cause he does mathematics-type stuff at Uni, and my brain melts when I see an equation! :oops:
  4. Aqua replied to Aqua's topic in Freshwater
    Not so keen on frogs... I don't have a cover for the tank, so knowing my luck, the frogs'd all escape, and my cats would eat them!!! :oops: I was thinking more along the lines of a lungfish, or maybe a bichir..
  5. Aqua posted a topic in Freshwater
    Seeing as I think the glass in my 4' tank is too thin for it to be completely full, I'm thinking I'll only half-fill it (as all good turtle tanks should be! :lol:), and have a sort-of terrarium effect going on... Any suggestions people? I was thinking of having the ledge planted, so some plants could trail into the water.... Maybe I could have a solitary eel or something in the water, just to keep things interesting
  6. Aqua replied to Aqua's topic in Technical
    Glass is ~8mm thick
  7. Aqua replied to Aqua's topic in Technical
    not sure of the thickness, but the tank's 48" x 24" x 24"
  8. Aqua posted a topic in Technical
    Hey guys, I've just had a nasty thought! With my new 4' turtle tank that I'm going to be using as a heavily planted aquarium, I want to know if it'll be strong enough! 'Cause correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't turtle tanks only really designed to be half-filled? And if I'm filling the tank completely, am I at risk of having the front pane of glass popping out? :lol: There is no bracing across the top of the tank, other than the usual overhanging bits on the sides... So no piece of glass in the middle... I'll try to get a picture up of the top of the tank sometime soon!
  9. Via Aqua ARE AquaOne aren't they?
  10. My mate has one of these - and it looks great! I love the ViaAqua tanks, I find the filter/lights etc all very good The 620-T is good with the outflow for the filter coming out from a small pipe-type thing, rather than trickling out like it does in the smaller tanks... How much are the selling it for?
  11. If you're looking for Bristlenoses, try searching for Ancistrus spp. OR If you're lazy, try THIS :lol:
  12. Benchmark eh... Did you tell them what you needed it for and they helped with plans, or did you know exactly how it was going to be built first? I'm NOT good with tools.. But maybe I could make myself a stand! It would need to hold about 450L though... :-?
  13. I've found the same with most fish of colour (:lol:).. When you first turn the lights on in the morning, they're practically translucent. I wouldn't worry about it
  14. Yeah, that's what I thought.. However I'm no good with tools, so I need to find somebody else to do it for me!
  15. I'd prefer to get it custom-made, as it's going to need to hold around 450 Kg.... :lol:
  16. I'm wanting to get a wooden cabinet/stand built for my 4' tank, and am looking around for a cheap(ish) price, as I'm certain if I go through a LFS, I'm going to be charged top dollar! SO. If you know anybody that'd be interested in building a cabinet for me, please get in touch!
  17. Freshwest, I'd be interested too!
  18. Aqua replied to Aqua's topic in Catfish
    I don't want sand everywhere, 'cause I'm going to be heavily planting the tank, so I want some sandy-type fertiliser as first level, and then a crap-load of dark gravel on top... I've heard too many bad things about sand for a planted tank! The ramp will be going out, unless I can somehow manage to keep some gravel on there and perhaps get some Lilaeopsis growing there!
  19. Aqua replied to morgie's topic in Freshwater
    Everytime I go to Hollywood's, they have puffers.. Not sure if they're brazilian or not though... I'll know in a month or so, when my old Ar510 becomes my boyfriend's 'retro' puffer fish tank!
  20. Aqua replied to Aqua's topic in Freshwater
    it's a steel frame topped with a hunk o' wood
  21. Aqua posted a topic in Catfish
    I've just got myself my 4' tank (finally!!!) and since viewing it, I've had a crazy thought... I could put a sandy type gravel on the ledge, and that would be perfect for the cories/khuliis to burrow in! What do you think? The 'wall' of the ledge is about 3/4"
  22. Aqua replied to Aqua's topic in Freshwater
    Just got the tank!! *excited wiggling* 48" long, 24" deep & 24" high ******* turtle ramp & ledge from outside ******** turtle ramp & ledge from inside ******** lounge view ********
  23. Aqua replied to Aqua's topic in Aquatic Plants
    *blink* that took me a while to figure out.... tsk tsk tsk :lol:
  24. I've just discovered the term 'dutch aquarium' ... So far, I've learned that: * the main focus is on plants, not fish. * No (or very little) fish * Terraced * Hi-tech Anything else anybody can add to that?
  25. Right well I've heard back from www.aquariumplants.com... USD $240-odd for shipping!! + the $9.99USD per bag... Looks like I'll be going with the JBL Aquabasis... Any opinions?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.