Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Aqua

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Aqua

  1. Aqua posted a topic in Cichlids
    Hey guys - LONG time no visit! I've bought a trio of cons, and have offered most of my other fish for sale, but I'm wondering if bristlenoses would be left alone by the cons? My tank is only an AR-510 which from memory is about 80-odd litres?
  2. Aqua replied to Aqua's topic in Cichlids
    Awesome I think I'll give these a go then! Now I need to learn about their habitat setup! :bounce:
  3. Aqua replied to Aqua's topic in Cichlids
    Here's the tank's dimensions http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/whats- ... 14702.html
  4. Aqua replied to Aqua's topic in Cichlids
    So if I get half a dozen and they'd be in a species tank, chances are I'll have some breeding happening? That'd be awesome for my first foray into the world of cichlids! :bounce:
  5. Aqua replied to Aqua's topic in Cichlids
    Mt Eden and they would've been maybe 2" long? I'll have to save my pennies 'cause they were just shy of $20 each!
  6. I saw these guys at Jansens late this afternoon and thought they would go really well in my lounge tank (about 100L) until I read their profile! Has anybody kept these guys? I'd love to have a swarm of them in my lounge tank... Would it be best to stock with maybe 5 females & a sole male?
  7. I'd love to - simply to see what's out there and gain 'real' knowledge about the species' rather than what I can get off the interweb
  8. Aqua posted a topic in Freshwater
    Hi all, Does anybody know what gobies are available in NZ? Other than the bumblebee lol
  9. Aqua replied to Aqua's topic in Technical
    yup I'm sure
  10. Aqua replied to Aqua's topic in Technical
    length from back to front (the front corner of the front pane & the slanted panes) is 14.5"
  11. Aqua replied to Aqua's topic in Technical
    yeah it looks like that. There's no way it's only 47 litres though!
  12. Aqua replied to Aqua's topic in Technical
    *blink* umm. It's a rectangle with a trapezoid on the front :oops:
  13. Heh, here's a math question for you math-minded people out there! I've got an irregular hexagonal tank with the following dimensions: 24" along the back, 10" along the straight side, 6" along the slanted side, and 15" along the front. It's 19" high. SO: What's the litreage? (Please show your working hehe)
  14. That's what I was thinking... Is it worth isolating it? I've got another tank that's only got a baby guppy in it (I'm letting it grow until it's big enough to fend for itself lol) which has subdued lighting etc... How often is a swim bladder disorder fatal?
  15. Aqua replied to Aqua's topic in Killies
    Are there any killies that appreciate a non-planted tank?
  16. Aqua replied to Aqua's topic in Freshwater
    Here's a pic of the whole tank, as requested! HERE
  17. Hi guys.. I've just noticed one of my black neons is not swimming normally. It's swimming (ish) around with it's head up and it's side-fins are flapping/beating quite erratically. When another fish nudges it or comes too close, it appears to go back to normal swimming, but quickly reverts back to the heads-up approach... Here's a video - It's quite big, so dial-up people need to either have lots of patience, or to not try it lol LINK
  18. Aqua replied to Aqua's topic in Cichlids
    No. NOT Angels... Both the boyfriend & myself really can't stand them hrmm... So territories won't be established vertically rather than horizontally? I thought that would happen, as a lot of fish live alongside the lake/river-banks? I did more reading last night and it looks like the Neolamprologus brichardi breed almost as well as convicts? Rams & Kribs I don't think will work, 'cause they prefer a planted tank yeah?
  19. Aqua replied to Aqua's topic in Cichlids
    I've been offered some Neolamprologus brichardi at a good cost - what do you think they'd be like in a rock-only tank? BTW - see my original post, there's a link to a photo of the tank itself. It's not a 3'er, it's higher than it is long/wide
  20. Aqua replied to Aqua's topic in Cichlids
    This is just all too much to think about! =p Are there small(ish) cichlids that could be kept singly? Like, an Oscar would be awesome but I've got about half the litreage I'd need for one Or, what about fish that have pretty females? I could always stock the tank with females so I don't get any babies! :bounce: Basically I'm wanting to setup a NON-planted tank, and I thought of cichlids first, but it's beginning to look like they're too big for the tank
  21. Aqua replied to Aqua's topic in Freshwater
    I prefer doing it with my computer - his is running Windows lol
  22. Aqua replied to Aqua's topic in Freshwater
    I will soon, the pics from our camera are on my boyfriend's laptop, and I have to figure out how to share between our pc's
  23. Aqua posted a topic in Freshwater
    Hey all - I've just finished setting up my hallway tank, and thought I'd borrow my flatmate's fancy camera and get some pics for y'all to look over! Now I've resized them to 800*600(ish) so I'll just post links rather than all the pics in the post... At the moment, I've got about 10 White Cloud Mountain Minnows, about 10 Black Tetra, 2 fancy cories (I'm not sure which sp.) and 3 pygmy cories (I couldn't get any pics of them!). In the way of plants, there's Java Fern and Vallisneria, a random Sword, the leggy plant I can't remember what it's called and the one at the back near the filter intake & heater was called Crispus at Hollywoods... I think it's an Aponogeton crispus but feel free to correct me if that's wrong! Oh, and it's all in an AR-510 which I think holds about 70-odd litres... Without further ado, here's the pics! http://nikharris.googlepages.com/DSC_0207.JPG http://nikharris.googlepages.com/DSC_0214.JPG http://nikharris.googlepages.com/DSC_0218.JPG http://nikharris.googlepages.com/DSC_0219.JPG http://nikharris.googlepages.com/DSC_0228.JPG http://nikharris.googlepages.com/DSC_0229.JPG http://nikharris.googlepages.com/DSC_0236.JPG http://nikharris.googlepages.com/DSC_0237.JPG http://nikharris.googlepages.com/DSC_0247.JPG http://nikharris.googlepages.com/DSC_0253.JPG http://nikharris.googlepages.com/DSC_0255.JPG http://nikharris.googlepages.com/DSC_0256.JPG http://nikharris.googlepages.com/DSC_0262.JPG http://nikharris.googlepages.com/DSC_0263.JPG
  24. Aqua replied to Aqua's topic in Killies
    You've been PM'd :bounce:
  25. Aqua posted a topic in Killies
    Hi guys! Are killies best kept in a species tank? From the pics I've seen of them online, they're very pretty and maybe they could go in my lounge tank instead of cichlids! But I wouldn't be interested in breeding them as I don't have enough room for any more tanks, regardless of their size! So, if I had a species tank and they did breed, what would be the best means of giving the eggs away? Is it worth becoming a member of the NZKA if I'm not going to be actively breeding the fish? Thanks for putting up with me hehe

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.