Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Weird behaviour from a Black Neon!?

Featured Replies

Hi guys..

I've just noticed one of my black neons is not swimming normally.

It's swimming (ish) around with it's head up and it's side-fins are flapping/beating quite erratically. When another fish nudges it or comes too close, it appears to go back to normal swimming, but quickly reverts back to the heads-up approach...

Here's a video - It's quite big, so dial-up people need to either have lots of patience, or to not try it lol

LINK

  • Author

That's what I was thinking... Is it worth isolating it? I've got another tank that's only got a baby guppy in it (I'm letting it grow until it's big enough to fend for itself lol) which has subdued lighting etc... How often is a swim bladder disorder fatal?

I would tend to go with swim bladdr aswell, but will re-evalueate once I have seen the clip.

We had a fish that seemed it had swim bladder problems, as it used to scoot around the bottom of the tank on it's belly and lunge up for food, she kept eating, and seemed happy enough so we left her, and now she has moved onto another tank with friends who enjoy her aswell.

B

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.