Hi to you all - from Welly

cesarz

Hi,

I joined the forum last Friday and have been concentrating on the Aquatic Plants Forum where I have been lurking for a while.

Reason I never joined earlier is that I am not a member of a fish club and thought that it is a requirement. Don't know any club in Wellington and the closest one on FNZAS list is Kapi-Mana. Would love to join one.

I still have no fish at the moment but am still looking for solid colour deltatail guppies.

I am a plant breeder by heart and an IT analyst programmer by pocket. Plant breeding does not pay the bills,its just a hobby, I breed mainly orchids. Have been looking for Amazon sword varieties to start breeding new forms.

It is nice to meet lots of friendly people here.

Hi (again) :wink:

BlueandKim often have swordplants for sale on trade me - not sure what ones but wouldn't hurt to send them a PM. They may be able to help you work out what your closest club is too. Good luck on the solid colour guppies.

Cheers

KA

Welcome cesarz!

I'm newish too, looking at joining Kapi-Mana, seems to be the Wellington club of choice :) I should get off my butt and do it. I work in IT as well, just PHP/Java stuff though.

Anywho welcome aboard, look forward to seeing your plants too, always keen for a bit of shopping :lol:

Meeting Time and Location

Although we will do our best to inform everyone of changes, here is all the information you need:

Day: Last Wednesday of every month.

Time: 7:45 pm meet with meeting starting at 8:00pm

Doris Mills Lounge,

Linden Community Centre,

Linden Avenue,

Linden,

Tawa.

Directions:

From the Main Road, turn at the Christadelphian Church into Linden Avenue. On the right are the Plunket rooms, the Bridge Club Rooms and then the Linden Community Centre. The Doris Mills Lounge is at the end of the Community Centre building. The car park is one way so you enter from the east end and exit from the west end.

Tea and coffee are provided, but please feel free to bring something to share for supper - gold coin donation and blank cheques are also accepted, first born children by prior arrangement.

Upcoming Meeting Dates:

May - 31th

June - 28th

July - 26th

August - 30th

September - 27th

October - 25th

November - 29

Hi :lol:

Just to let you and others know there are two clubs in Wellington catering to the fish enthusiast.

Kapi Mana you have already been informed about and Wellington Aquarium and Water Garden Society. The Wellington Club will be 75 years old in October 2008.

We meet in the Union Church Hall Lounge, corner of Kenya Street and Crofton Road, Ngaio on the third Wednesday of every month. Our next meeting is tomorrow night at 8.00pm. One of our members will be giving a talk on "Coral Growth"

We provide tea, coffee and biscuits and ask for a silver coin donation.

We are a friendly club and would be delighted to have visitors at our meetings. We have a fairly full programme of events during the year. these include guest speakers, Fish/Tank photography,Bring and Buy sale and a Quiz Night where Kapi Mana and Wellington go head to head. The best team wins on the night.

:bow::bow::bow:

Yep I'll be there, probably not with bells on though, they're out of fashion at the moment. :lol:

Was offering free ride, but edited post as I realised its next Wednesday, and I dont know if I'll have the locks working on my new car by then (long story haha) anyway will be there with Helen in the MX5 :)

Yep,

I will be there Mystic. I'll bring some baking.

Hey Andrew,

Good to see you here, want some more Disa Orchids?

Anybody in Kapi-mana want Disa orchids? I'll bring some if anybody's interested. They are marginal plants designed for the cold and windy weather - just like Wellingtons's. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...