April 3, 200620 yr comment_95933 Hey Kevan, they are nice looking lights, can i ask What kind they are? Are they available in nz? cheers Report
April 3, 200620 yr comment_95978 Very nice well done I hold my carbon bags with those big plastic bag clips you can get from packnsave hold them nicely on the glass dividers Report
April 3, 200620 yr Author comment_96006 Lights looking at tank last night now its cleared I feel I need more light but can't decide I have old 250 but would not look good over tank. Would 3 150 w lights do or leave 2 x 150 and get T8 floro as well ? Report
April 9, 200620 yr Author comment_96800 after one week and one extra 250 watt 20k halide. I still need to move the existing halides further to the side and possible add some T8 floro's Report
April 10, 200620 yr comment_96882 A T8 will make very little difference to your light compared to the 150w mh you currently have. If you do use fluro just use them for blue tubes, and if your buying units get T5's. Report
May 23, 200620 yr Author comment_102149 I'm going to add 4 T5s when I can aford it 2 at back (1 blue 1 white tube ) and same at front . Just added two old blue floro tubes in meantime . IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/kbygate/DSCF5020.jpg My blue acro was brown after being in hoding tank but comeing back to blue. and anemone has grow split into three before I pulled old tank down gave one away and the two are growing. Report
May 23, 200620 yr comment_102152 kevan - what you have suggested (2 x T5's at front, 2 x T5's at back) in conjunction with your current halides on that size tank will make a big difference. four 54W x T8's is another 216W's. its like adding another 150W'er (if you're including blue's too, they are more for aesthetic's than "choice of light" for corals) however you'll get better coverage of light. halides are the definate power house for sps, however T5's kick arse too. i underestimated them til i hooked them up. i have a 'tan' coloured sps in my tank that is a bit bigger than the size of my fist, the side that is near the T5 is starting to get really nice green tips, the side thats furtherest away from the T5 is still brown. Report
May 23, 200620 yr Author comment_102165 I was very impessed with before and after pics Chimera on T5 s Report
May 23, 200620 yr comment_102205 real nice :bounce: do you use seawater and if so where do you get it from? im in howick so keen to know wheres good, thanks Report
May 23, 200620 yr Author comment_102245 I collect water from Beachland or Maraitai wharf depending on wind direction and water condition . Report
May 23, 200620 yr comment_102250 I was very impessed with before and after pics Chimera on T5 s so was I!!! Report
July 31, 200620 yr Author comment_113755 Every thing is going well having a few problems with temp fluctuations but adding another 150 w heater to exiting 450 w and putting them more in direct flow has made it better (22c - 24c) but could do with some insulation especially on return pipe to tank. Could still do with more light but power bill getting high so will have to make do. Report
September 9, 200620 yr Author comment_120242 Just moved some off the corals higher but every thng is growing Report
September 9, 200620 yr comment_120257 Keven looking very nice... just eyeing up your purple mushrooms Makes me think about re-doing my landscaping. Let me know if you want more insulation as I maybe able to help. Report
September 10, 200620 yr Author comment_120416 anemone cost $150 few years ago and was about the size of old twenty cent piece .since then has split into three . Gave one away that died and still have another over the back about same size.Photo does not do anemone justice. Report
September 10, 200620 yr comment_120417 Kevan That bubble coral looks amazing, you dont see many of them for some reason. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.