Hi from Wainuiomata......

Kookie

Hello all. Am new to this site so thought I'd drop you all a quick hello.

have recently started keeping tropical fish again after 8 years.

got lucky with trademe, and scored a 3 ft 100 ltr tank with fish and accessories from here till kingdom come.

I already broke a cardinal rule, one that most people break when starting out with fish. Over populated, by about 6 fish I'm guessing.

Hasn't caused too much stress on the fish, (just means I have to do more frequent water changes). Only stress came from the bully Danio that i bought. He harrassed his tank mates into white spot. 3 treatments later and they all (minus the danio) seem to be happy as larks.

My Mrs golden barb, danio and sword tail are all looking very swell, so have seperated them for now. Mrs Guppie dropped about 3 days after getting her, and i managed to rescue one of the fry, who is happily growing in a bag inside the tank with air stone. It's quite funny watching the other fish take pot shots at his bag, as he sits there as if to say "haha you can't get me".

Any way, Hi All. Might check back in later or tomorrow.

There's definitely something in the water in Wainuiomata. Just out of curiosity what's your standard water parameters out of the tap? pH/dH?

To be honest i wouldn't have a clue. I'm not huge on testing the water all the time. The one pH test i did showed as completely neutral.

I know, I'm bad. But I bet I'm not the only one who doesn't test all the time.

Hi again Kookie, I'm home alot of the time and always welcome people for a coffee and a chat if you want to pop round.

as for looking at Tsarmina tank(s) she has already claimed 5 fishies from me and getting some more afternoon. but yes seeing what see has done could be interesting.

meeting tonight in Tawa - will be my first visit and will have spare seats in the car if you would like to tag along.

am in Konini Street.

cheers Karen

meeting tonight in Tawa - will be my first visit and will have spare seats in the car if you would like to tag along.

am in Konini Street.

cheers Karen

Hi Karen, thank you so much for the offer. What time is the meeting?

I'm on Bull Ave. I might be keen to come along if I'm not too late.