Killie eggs

alanmin4304

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAHAHAHA Caserole nice try but these young guppies will be up on trademe before long. Some are starting to colour up nicely. Got one nice half black orange tail and I think there "may" be a couple of snakeskins in there but waiting for the rest of the colours to show up.

Well depending on the price tomorrow will tell me if I go ahead and get a pair or not and also depends on their colours to. If it doesn't work out then I guess eggs are the next step :D

cheers

Ive recently hatched out 200+ notho yellows. It was easy and Ive got the daily feeding and water changes down pat so that I can spend the rest of the evening watching them, doing water changes and collecting and hatching eggs. Like I said, if I have eggs around the 25th of Dec, Im going down to Queenstown to be with family and would love to go on a road trip and meet people and drop off either fish or eggs at a small nominal price. This only applie to NZKA members of course so if you havnt joined then do it soon.

:lol:

Tim

If all goes well I just might have to sign up if you make it this far. I don't have any trips planed to queens yet and after finding out that my husband has to be on call over the holidays doesn't impress me as I was wanting to go up to dunners.

If you like I can give you my address and phone number for when you come this way and if possible what species will you try to bring with you?

Cheers.

Well I will hopefully have the following:

Aphyosemion Australe Chocolate

Nothobranchius Korthausae Yellow

Fundulopanchax Gardneri Albino

Fundulopanchax Gardneri Nigeriatum Gold

Fundulopancdax Sjoestedi (Got to love the SJO's )

And maybe a few other little numbers that only some members may know about :lol:

Keep in touch near the middle of Dec and maybe you could get a group of Southerners to meet up at once and join the club at the same time. Im new to this hobby but would love to pass on the knowledge ( thanks to Alan W ) to others who are keen for a chat about Keep Keeping Killies over a coffee or beer :)

Tim

I could REALLY make you blush PJ after your last sentence.

It refers back to our #1 NZKA member and some eggs he had sent to him.

BUT that's another story.

When eggs are sent to you, to avoid or minimise disappointment, the breeder makes sure the eggs have "eyed up", this is confirmation that they are fertile and are, if all things go right, produce fry for the recipient.

If left too late to ship, they will at times, hatch on their journey.

Normally the eggs are then just removed from their container, and placed in another (icecream container???) for hatching etc.

Alan

NZKA 104

ok after telling me they won't get them in because they don't live that long they got killies in today so I went and had a look. Well I was really shocked to see what size they were. They wer lucky to be 2 cms long and she said that they would be 6 months old and ready to breed. They are the clown killies which I don't really like. I don't know what prices they are putting on them as they were still getting the fish out of the boxes.

I would like to know how old would they be at 2 cms long? Also 1/3 of them had real bad bent spines like they were a figure "S" shape and didn't look very appealing.

Guess I will just have to join the NZKA and attempt to get the ones that I like with out relying on the budget LFS we have down here.

cheers

they are only 2cms long. They have blue eyes and very solid black thick stripes on them. Their tails are rounded with no colour at all so I can't tell Female from Male and I doubt that they can either. They have $6.50 on them. They keep telling me that they are imports but as mentioned I would of thought that they would of been more expensive for imports. They are even talking about raising the price of their fancy guppies if and when they get them in up to $10 per fish :o:o:o

I don't like the clown ones but I know that werner is down here and he has some killies. Maybe he might like to breed these ones.

yes $6.95 is posably import price there cheep because there small and prolific if given the right food.

at 2cm you should be able to sex them, this may mean there all females, saw this last time I was in Auckland - all females, do you remember Alan poor things were getting squashed against the glass and floating betta tank.

Well I was told that they ordered pairs so there should be 5 pairs of killies as there was only 10 fish in the bag. I couldn't find any difference in the tails apart from the one that I could see up the top with the real badly bent spine whos tail was showing a hint of yellow.

But as I said before I would much rather get the ones that I like instead of paying for ones I don't hehe

I am hoping to get my first tank this weekend so it will free up one tank.

Cheers