Strange growth

Benjansss

Looking more carefully it appears the growth originates from one of its nostrils and it also has some swelling in the abdomen but it’s scales look fine and it has no eyes so I’m unsure what it is 

That looks like a wound that has developed a secondary fungal infection on top of it. I often find that over time you can brush the top fluffy growth off (or it falls off) and the fish has already healed underneath.

Injuries like this I have always left alone, assuming the fish is behaving normally and eating. Make sure your water quality is the best it can be and Nature should heal it over time.

The abdomen doesn't look good though. Could be egg bound, constipated, or any number of other problems but not necessarily connected to the nose. Is the swelling on both sides of the abdomen?

Are both eyes like that? Missing or just have a film over them so does it appear to still be able to see? If it is being harassed by other fish then separate it.

I am not sure, if relevant to the problem sorry but i was just reading about them and found this out.

Millions of years ago, a small, unremarkable fish called the Mexican tetra started swimming into the caves of eastern Mexico. In the all-encompassing darkness of these limestone caverns, the tetras’ eyes, which take a lot of energy to build and maintain, were useless luxuries. Over several generations, the cave fish lost them entirely. Today, they are born with small eyes that gradually waste away as they get older.  The tetras’ eye sockets, however, don’t go to waste; they can use them to store fat. Blind cave fish are stockier than their cousins that live on the surface, and some have fat-filled humps