Hello from the Waikato

ThEArTFuLDoDGa

Hi all, have decided to take a little dip into fish keeping.

Have just set up my first ever tank, decided to start small with a 28L tank. Has a plastic rock bridge and some freshly planted Bacopa, small Amazon Swords along sides and small grasses at front, longer along back glass.

If someone could let me know how to post pics from a phone I will pop some up?

I am planning on getting 5 dwarf Cory's and a nice male Betta. 

Hope to learn a lot from everyone.

I only text on my phone also (doesn't even take pictures) but welcome to the site and good luck with your new hobby. I am sure there will be a 7 year old on here that can help with your phone---AT 71 I have little knowledge of these matters and little enthusiasm for learning. Have bred a few fish though. 

I seem to be having trouble finding where to buy the fish I am after, seems to be quite alot of different types of Cory Catfish but Hastatus the type I am looking for I can't find. Does anyone happen to know where or if I can get these?

Failing that Otocinclus Vestitus will be the go to also can't seem to find. Lol 

Salt and Pepper Cory (Hastatus) do not come in to the country very often.  There were a number that came in and were sold to fishkeepers a few months ago - hopefully they will breed and be more often available.  Otocinclus are commonly available in the shops up here in Auckland.  Try Hollywood Fish Farm or New Pupuke Aquarium Centre.