Who is preparing for Christmas?

Adrienne

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 12/5/2015 at 8:36 AM, Jaide said:

I'm off tree shopping today.  My black fibre optic tree is falling apart and this year I want something a bit different - not the usual fake tree that you can only seem to get from The Warehouse but something different - maybe a light tree if I can find a nice one somewhere.

So, tree first - think of the rest later.

Amazing this is still on the first page from a year ago!  Anyway, I decided to go with a real pine tree and it was fabulous to have that again.  We have one set up at work and the smell is just wonderful.  I'm going to get another pine tree this year and will pick one up this weekend.  I just need to get over my hay fever first.....

Heading over to daughter in law's parents for Christmas Day. Doing a Secret Santa thing and everyone contributing to the food and prep so not an expensive day. There will be 2 and 7/9ths grandsons plus 13 adults. Just made a Christmas cake and now to decorate my dad's birthday cake then make some Macadamia Brittle and Macadamia Fudge to go with the Cranberry and White Chocolate Slice for some friends. Christmas tree is full sized this year as Theo is now 2 so understands the word "No". Of course that doesn't mean he will take any notice ;-)

Had a 5 year old for the day yesterday and he was looking at the tree (and touching) then asked "Why do you have a pterodactyl in your tree?" I asked him didn't everyone have a pterodactyl in their tree? and he looked at me with a duh expression and replied "Nooo."

Christmas dinner is at my house this year - will be mid afternoon though as daughter and her fiancee have to drive back into Auckland from having brunch at Mangawhai.  15 coming including one 11 month old so all decorations down low will be moved upwards as he is very mobile and starting to walk.  The playpen is already around the tree to keep the dogs out.

Christmas fruit cake made and decorated and I will make a gluten free, vegan chocolate cake for those who are either celiac, vegan or dairy free - or who simply don't like fruit in their cakes!  Christmas lunch will be turkey, ham - for the non vegan, lasagna made with chickpeas for the vegan, new home grown potatoes, baby carrots, 2x salads plus gravy, cranberry sauce for everyone.  Desert will be sugar free pavlova, chocolate chip sherry cake and fruit salad :)

Have had same 5 year old back for the last 2 days. He was not only puzzled, but horrified, that we did not have Netflix! He has been watching Pokemon on Youtube in between outings and playing with Lego and dinosaurs on the lounge floor. In the end Grant signed up to a 1 month free Netflix trial. We can just cancel it at the end.

Making my 9th Christmas cake today. Good thing they get given away as I hate fruit cakes. Have attached pic of one of the cakes made. Have also done an identical one since that one was eaten.

Stroke Club Christmas cake 2016.jpg

2 hours ago, Caryl said:

Have had same 5 year old back for the last 2 days. He was not only puzzled, but horrified, that we did not have Netflix! He has been watching Pokemon on Youtube in between outings and playing with Lego and dinosaurs on the lounge floor. In the end Grant signed up to a 1 month free Netflix trial. We can just cancel it at the end.

Making my 9th Christmas cake today. Good thing they get given away as I hate fruit cakes. Have attached pic of one of the cakes made. Have also done an identical one since that one was eaten.

This cake looks amazing! Although I am not a huge fan of fruitcakes either ha. I would love to see a fish themed one!

Funnily enough, I have only done one fish themed one and that was a few years ago before i was really into cake decorating. It was made to look like an aquarium and I will hunt the pic up for you. Also, I think it was Donna Moot's mum did a Nemo shaped one for one of the FNZAS conferences and I will find that pic too.