DEATH OF FNZAS

minchton

FNZAS HAS COLLAPSED

WELL THIS IS THE HEADLINE THAT MOST LIKELY WILL APPEAR IN THE NEXT "AQUARIUM WORLD."

WITH ONLY 6 DAYS TO GO WE HAVE NOT EVEN RECEIVED SUFFICIENT REGISTRATIONS TO FORM A QUORUM FOR THE AGM. :evil: :evil: :evil:

DONT YOU THINK THAT IF YOU ARE COMING YOU HAD BETTER GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER :hail::hail::bow::bow:

What it means is that people are very lax when it comes to registering for the upcoming FNZAS conference.

If insufficient numbers attend the meeting then there will not be a committee to run FNZAS.

I doubt this would have any effect on this forum

Geez that's a bit harsh Mitch! :o Maybe everyone is completely disorganised like me and hasn't got around to it yet, but you will have my form by the 20th!

Also, just an observation.... your registration form was quite vague in that it didn't mention any dates or the number of nights we would need accommodation for etc. For those who have been before this would be common knowledge but our club has a lot of new members and it's all new to them.

I'm sure it's going to be a great weekend, I am looking forward to it :D

Hey guys I know that there are a number of reasons why people cant attend and we accept this. It is those that have to be there as delegates or fed reps that this is more directed at. But also there are always a few extras that arrive and in this case we are on a tight shedule because any accom not confirmed by 20th will be given to others i.e Lions rugby supporters.

I STRONGLY protest at the use of the title for this topic.

Seeing this on the forums for a newcomer would indicate the demise of the FNZAS and possibly detract them from joining a local club.

VERY poor choice of title in my estimation.

No disrespect meant Mitch... but the FNZAS was running long before you became a member, and by the look of how new clubs are forming in recent times, it will continue to LIVE for another fifty years.

BIll.

Bill

The choice of the title may have been inapropriate but it has got the desired action.

We in Taranaki are responsible for running this conference and we will do all it takes to make it a sucess.

Sorry if this may offend somebody but we are under pressure from Rugby fanatics over accomodation and we will do all we can to make sure we dont lose out to them. FNZAS is more important to us than a rugby game. O.K. rugby supporters dont get off your high horses this is friendly competition.

Mitch

I Agree with the other members of the exective who have responed to this topic in regards to people always wait untill the last few days. So DON'T PANIC MITCH .

As for the Death of the FNZAS I do really think you have it wrong especically when we have such a awsome tool like this website with over 1000 members. The question has to be asked do they all belong to the FNZAS when all that is required is joining an aquarium club , Surely that is not a bad thing .

Confences i always look forward to especially catching up with the many fishy folk that i have met over the years . Remeber confence is not only for the delegates to attend but anyone that belongs to the FNZAS can attend.

Anyway , You should have Jude and My regestrations along with Rob so that is at Least three from Waikato for what i am sure is going to be a good weekend .

See you at confence

Dave :):):)

We are not in a panic but I would have thought that only 7 repeat 7 persons from outside Taranaki registered at this stage is cause for some concern.

This has now become more critical as the hotel where we had arranged cheaper accommodation has now closed its doors and is no longer available.

This is why I had to stir something along NOT just a case of panic for the sake of panic.

Mark

Yes we have your registration thanks

Dave we only have yours not Jude or Rob yet

TO ANY MODERATOR

For the sake of peace and harmony would you like to remove this post please. It has served its purpose and any further information would be best posted under the Conference 2005 heading.

Thank you