Newbie to Foum & Tropical Fish

KiwiGal77

Hi all,

I've just bought my first tropical freshwater tank, so I'm sure you'll see me around asking lots of questions to ensure my new fish are happy and healthy :f77: Have been searching the forums over the last week to help get set-up and it's been a great source of info, so figured I'd join :)

The tank is only 45 litres, and my plan is a couple of platys and small school of tetras. Got the fist two platy yesterday (Comet & Cantab) and they're settling well into their new home:

10407183_10152994479236354_5453181366981537118_n.jpg?oh=164b1c75fa50139c951e241f03eee372&oe=552E5976

Looking forward to learning heaps and enjoying my new pets!

Cheers

:wave:

Remember, patience is the key when it comes to stocking :wink:

After owning horses, patience with pets is something I have certainly mastered :lol: Was planning on adding the last Platy in 2 weeks time, then two weeks after that getting the 6ish Tetras (with water testing in between) - does that sound ok?

The water tests will help you decide if that works out OK or not. There are a lot of variables.

I usually tell people that if they have a standard 2ft tank, start with 4 danio sized fish. If you have a standard 3ft tank then start with 6 danio sized fish. A 4ft, 8 danio sized fish. If all is well after 1 month, then repeat until stocking level is reached.