September 16, 201412 yr comment_554465 and another picture, just for the "holy crap" factor... :gpo2: Superb fish and yes I still keep a few and the collection is slowly growing. Report
September 16, 201412 yr Author comment_554467 Superb fish and yes I still keep a few and the collection is slowly growing. :thup: would be cool to see some pics some time! Report
September 16, 201412 yr comment_554471 Sure. I shall have to take a few pics next time I clean out the leopard cactus tank. The males in particular are looking pretty good. Report
November 2, 201411 yr comment_556249 Just cleaned the leopard cactus plecos out. Excuse the algae. They are largely carnivorous so I have a wee problem with black beard algae. Males are about 25 cm, females (smaller ones) 18-20 cm. Report
November 2, 201411 yr comment_556264 !drool: Cactus plecs are definitely on my wanted list when we get a big tank... If it still counts... I have a poor collection, but have the 5 female rios (ugh), various BNs, 1 royal whiptail male (lost my other about a week ago), 4-5 sterbai cory (same random deaths as the whiptail), 3 red whiptails (2 female, 1 male), 5 hoplos, 8+ peppered cories, a banjo cat and 7 hara cats :nilly: Report
November 2, 201411 yr comment_556270 !drool: Cactus plecs are definitely on my wanted list when we get a big tank... If it still counts... I have a poor collection, but have the 5 female rios (ugh), various BNs, 1 royal whiptail male (lost my other about a week ago), 4-5 sterbai cory (same random deaths as the whiptail), 3 red whiptails (2 female, 1 male), 5 hoplos, 8+ peppered cories, a banjo cat and 7 hara cats :nilly: That's a nice selection of catfish with several cool species. Shame about getting 5 female rios and not a single male. Report
November 2, 201411 yr comment_556283 I'd love a shallow tank with a nice sand bed exclusively for a group of banjo cats Report
November 3, 201411 yr comment_556288 Just cleaned the leopard cactus plecos out. Excuse the algae. They are largely carnivorous so I have a wee problem with black beard algae. Males are about 25 cm, females (smaller ones) 18-20 cm. Nice and big :nfs: Ron Report
November 3, 201411 yr comment_556292 I'd love a shallow tank with a nice sand bed exclusively for a group of banjo cats sounds like a nice option and a cool tank. Report
November 3, 201411 yr comment_556293 Nice and big :nfs: Ron Thanks Ron. They are a cool pleco and even better when big, although they do have a bit of an atitude. Report
November 4, 201411 yr Author comment_556330 Looking good, is that six different fish in those pics? Any signs of them getting frisky yet? Report
November 5, 201411 yr comment_556340 Was mildly concerned they might do away with this forum due to lack of traffic. The forum is pretty dead these days, do people still keep fish :sml1: Report
November 5, 201411 yr comment_556341 Yeah 6 different fish. They squabble plenty and have a pecking order - the big male at the bottom rules the roost. At least one of the females usually looks gravid. Hopefully they'll breed at some stage. I have recently been given a custom made German cave so fingers crossed. Report
December 28, 201411 yr comment_557681 Just spotted these 3 together and managed to get a pic (phone quality sorry). Report
December 28, 201411 yr comment_557684 Nice photo, the top one reminds of a snake slithering over a branch. Report
December 28, 201411 yr comment_557685 Nice. How big are they? Last time I measured biggest 22cm and smallest 17cm, hopefully they keep getting bigger. Report
December 28, 201411 yr comment_557699 Do pygmy corydoras count? :lol: I'm in line for any baby red whiptails that Alex breeds :bggrn: Report
December 28, 201411 yr comment_557711 Yep L142. How are yours going? They are starting to get really hairy now. Still unsure whether I have both sex's. Cheers Report
December 28, 201411 yr comment_557718 I picked up two 'BN' at about 1.5cm from my LFS but am pretty sure they are not. They are somewhere in my 5ft so if I see them again I will try and get a photo. Report
December 28, 201411 yr comment_557719 I picked up two 'BN' at about 1.5cm from my LFS but am pretty sure they are not. They are somewhere in my 5ft so if I see them again I will try and get a photo. Be interesting to see them if they aren't. But they're probably ID'd correctly, being such a common species. Report
December 28, 201411 yr comment_557721 I picked up two 'BN' at about 1.5cm from my LFS but am pretty sure they are not. They are somewhere in my 5ft so if I see them again I will try and get a photo. If of any interest, stores seem to be selling Rios as regular "BNs" so they could be that? () Report
December 29, 201411 yr comment_557730 Thats my pick Alex I had 'rios' before - the first lot to arrive in the country and before they were called Rios. There was so much debate at the time as to whether they were actually that fish, it was pretty unbelievable and I think there is a fairly detailed thread somewhere on here. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.