Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Feed me giant monkey thing!

Featured Replies

Found in our courtyard. I moved him to underneath the tree he fell from, hopefully his parents will find and feed him. He has better odds there than in the courtyard trying to fight off 3 cats and a dog anyway.

babybird.JPG

  • Author
Cute!

Did his parents find him?

Doubt it, it seems they've also abandoned the nest and, I assume, the remaining chick.

  • Author
is it a sparrow?

Actually, I'm not sure, I thought it was, but now that I've checked pictures, they look much more brown. This one has more black wings with bolder white stripes, I only got a tiny glimpse of the adults and I think they did too. Closest I can find is maybe a Chaffinch? Yeah, after some googling of baby chaffinch pics I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

How do you pronounce that?

  • Author
I think most birds are far better looking as adults :bggrn:

I think it has more to do with if they're Precocial vs Atricial(Yes, I had to google to double check the name for those)

Basically if they're mobile shortly after hatching or not.

Precocial bird:

Baby-Duck-Images.jpg

Atricial:

1374677597-hunting-for-baby-parrots-in-india_2286585.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.