shiping fish

binu

hey frnds ..i m visiting chch next week ..would really like to visit redwood aquatics if i get time ,..its a very very short visit :(

my flight package includes just hand bag ..no extra luggage included ..my question is . is it possible to take fish in hand bag ??

if any one av done it recently pls let me know

and i m plannin to get bettas ..

I have carried these 3 bags as hand luggage various times with no problems. I have never thought to tell anyone what was in the bags and nobody asked either.

Coolerbags_zps6e98cadc.jpg

In fact, I seem to remember my sister and her daughter taking 2 of the largest bags each on board from Blenheim to Hamilton (full of cichlids incidentally) with no questions asked.

so thr is no restriction on the amount of liquid u carry??

one more question :) i have few heat pads which i got wen i bought fish before is it ok to use again??

i mean is it made for just 1 time use??

Depends what airport you are departing from/stopping over at. Auckland they x-ray u bags as well as Wellington and CHCH. They are usually ok with coffee and stuff but i don't know if they would let you take on a box of fish.

We recently flew in and out of Auckland and our hand luggage was not X-rayed, nor were we asked what was in it. In fact the only time my stuff has gone through X-ray was when flying overseas.

I have heard others say otherwise though.

Air NZ have a special freight service for pets. I have sent reptiles and turtles etc and have seen others sending cats and dogs. It cost me $185 to go airport to airport from Auckland to Christchurch. Redwoods could send by overnight courier but I don't know what they charge. Certainly less than air nz.

never asked never told ime

one more question i have few heat pads which i got wen i bought fish before is it ok to use again??

i mean is it made for just 1 time use??

yes they are one time use only. you should be able to purchase more at an outdoors shop where they are sold as pocket warmers.

so thr is no restriction on the amount of liquid u carry??

I don't think liquids or any of that other BS are NZ regs. Just US, along with taking off your shoes and getting fondled by the TSA... If I sound annoyed guess where I am right now? LAX.

Air NZ have a special freight service for pets. I have sent reptiles and turtles etc and have seen others sending cats and dogs. It cost me $185 to go airport to airport from Auckland to Christchurch. Redwoods could send by overnight courier but I don't know what they charge. Certainly less than air nz.

i asked redwood people they r charging 45 $ for shipping

so if i put fish in my baggage will it be ok ??any idea

i might ask them to courier ..too much trouble

how much did u payed ??

I cant remember, it was either nearly $200 or $400. Being that $180 was said a few post's earlier I would go with that.

I was within my luggage allowance as well and got given the thumbs up at Nelson airport so I was rather frustrated about it all.