question about drift wood

binu

i got a branch of manuka ...which looks pretty good ..but problem is i got it near a sulphurpoint :( if i soak it will it be allright later to throw it n my tank??

I'd say soak it for as long as you can, a few months would be idea with water changes once a week

• 3 weeks later...

need help plss!! i av been soakin it all these days .. and i boiled it 2 times allready still the water in pot is goin brown!! i guess it s tanins ..

but boiled for long time still tanins r a lot !! as i told before i found this wood n a sulphur point ! will it be harm full for the fish??

should i throw it out?? it looks cool piece of wood :(

need help plss!! i av been soakin it all these days .. and i boiled it 2 times allready still the water in pot is goin brown!! i guess it s tanins ..

but boiled for long time still tanins r a lot !! as i told before i found this wood n a sulphur point ! will it be harm full for the fish??

should i throw it out?? it looks cool piece of wood :(

Yeah, that's tannins. I doubt there's going to be much sulphur in it and it's not unusually toxic anyway. Give it a good boiling and wash, which you've done already is good enough. Just throw it in the tank. Don't stress so much.

can some one pls fix this photos ..donno how to do it dumb:(

Maybe not dumb, perhaps just too lazy to look? :wink:

See the little box beside the photo that says "Links To Share Photos"? Hover your mouse over the question mark next to it and it will say something along the lines of "blah blah blah, use the IMG code for bulletin boards and forums". So you click on the text box where it says "IMG" and it automatically copies, and then you paste into the box here and VIOLA!

IMGP1072_zpsd6152fbe.jpg

Nice looking bit of wood!