Low maintenace reef tanks .

F15hguy

:facepalm: i really cant see why they bothered to do that in the first place??? i mean theres really no comparison to a full blown reef tank. nothing to look at :yawnn:

The Crochet Coral Reef (CCR) is a project by the Institute For Figuring, a non-profit Los-Angeles based organization that pioneers creative new methods for engaging the public about scientific and environmental issues by putting people and communities at the core.

I would suspect that this statement is the drive behind it and the tank is mearly a byproduct of this.

correct, one of the original tanks was completely made out of Yarn made from plastic collected out of the ocean.

it is also part of community based projects for the disabled.

and if the end result is someone going out and getting a real tank, then :thup: in my mind.

I accidentally made woollen seaweed when teaching myself to crochet a few years ago. Or should I say 'tried to teach myself'. I didn't progress to making straight lines as seaweed was far more interesting and according to my husband, I don't think in straight lines.

In the end the only person who liked my crocheted items was the cat, he liked to chew them.