Emydura subglobosa

A guy I know just saw what looks like Emydura subglobosa for sale at animates.

Seems kinda random I thought if these seriously cool turtles were available they would be traded between keepers if they were traded at all, not just popping up for sale at an animates ?

Anyone seen any around at all or kept any them selves ?

We have had this species for many years in our care, and has been one part of our many breeding programs to keep different species here in New Zealand and breeding. After so many trials and errors we finally managed to get a successful mating of a very old pair of E. subglobosa. Then after many mishaps with incubating and raising of extremely fragile offspring have developed over the years our breeding colony. This year saw a handful of hatchlings born, of which we have sold to retailers. These are perfectly legal, and haven't been seen in the Pet Shops since the 70's of which my original very old breeders stemmed from. I hope to have more species available in the future.

Chris Burne, Hot House Turtles Limited.

Nothing to explain. We have other species of Turtles that we are working with, but I don't want to get keepers hopes too high, only to find we have losses in our stock. Dealing with livestock has it's highs and lows, and often more lows than highs especially when keeping very old individuals. It's not just a matter of throwing two animals together and getting the right result. They need to be housed in the right environment, receive the correct diet and be compatible. Breeding and growing Turtles doesn't happen quickly.