Time to get new Exec for NZKA

Wok

Right.

I am really annoyed with the current executive, there has been no correspondence from them at all. And they are the ones that want everything done as per the constitution.

I recommend that they be dumped and a new online meeting be held to get a new group of people to run the club properly.

Who is interested to get the club up and running again.

If there is not any interest, then I recommend that the club be put into recess.

Paul

:thup: Good one Paul!

For those who have been thinking of joining a club but don't like meetings, or those who feel that social gatherings are just too creepy, this is a great club to get involved with. It is all online, and the new group can make it into something really cool. We need to keep an online club going but it needs to have no politics, just fun stuff.

You don't need a president, secretary or whatever to be present to hold an AGM, but you do need a quorum of current members and a current member to run the meeting. Seeing as last years members are still financial (until 17 July that is) if you can get enough of them to attend an AGM meeting (yes, an online meeting is legal) then its all go. A full set of minutes will need to be taken and then sent on to the FNZAS Secretary along with the new officials and delegates. If the meeting is online apologies and acceptance of positions by those not attending will need to be emailed before the meeting. Basically you will need to follow the fnzas constitution unless the NZKA has their own written one.

If someone wants to take responsibility I will send them the details of the current members so you can email them.

Good luck. I know several people have contacted me in recent months re what has happened to 'their' club :)

Great idea Wok! Very hard to get into killies without being a part of NZKA and if you do this it should be easier to be a part of and would work better for a lot more people I am sure.

To be honest, last year I got killies from 2 different people who weren't members at the time and both times I tried to sell mine there was very little interest from anyone. I sold the most killies I ever had through TM.

Am not saying this to be negative, but this is the reality. Even when the club was alive over the last 2 or 3 year it was very quiet.

You are so right, I offered my entire fish room with some 30 tanks to members, and will you believe it, not one came forward, so the lot went to the dump, because I had sold my house to move into an apartment.

In my fish keeping time, I bread heaps of fish and offered them to members for next to nothing.

I do hope as before mentioned, that someone will take over, I for my part is no longer interested.

Since there is still some interest in the NZKA staying alive.

I volunteer to take lead and organise an online AGM to happen in on either Saturday or Sunday online

ej, can you email me the current list of members, and I will email them.

For all others interested, keep an eye on the FNZAS Clubs Section for date and time.

Cheers

Wok

You are so right, I offered my entire fish room with some 30 tanks to members, and will you believe it, not one came forward, so the lot went to the dump, because I had sold my house to move into an apartment.

In my fish keeping time, I bread heaps of fish and offered them to members for next to nothing.

I do hope as before mentioned, that someone will take over, I for my part is no longer interested.

WHAT?????

did it get offered in here???

I woulda taken them!!!!

I am looking at possibly holding the online meeting in about 2 weeks time

say... Sunday 21 in the morning around 10.00am.

Yet to find out from existing members as to what would suit them.

Can we start an online meeting for all people on FNZAS? It would be fun.

anyone can set up an online meeting.

you can use skype, viber, or some other means to set one up.

I believe that the forum administrators are looking at having a chat forum set up on this site.

What ej is talking about is the online NZKA meeting,

:smot:

fnzas used to have a "chatroom" but it was almost never used, but I would like to see the IRC channel reinstated.

Off topic, but it still exists. I've been in it for 4 months and no one else has joined in that time :P

The chat thing has been mentioned, but it is a lower priority. You can do this with Skype.

I would like to join back up again, I was NZKA #340 until we had earthquakes that made a mess of things. I realise your meeting is probably only for current members, but if new / renewing members were also allowed, I won't be able to make it on that date. Flying to Aus on the 20th. Doesn't change the fact that I'll join back up ASAP.