Pigs in Mud

Caryl

Yes I did Cam and I am pleased with the results. Up close they look like they might have swine flu or eczema but overall I am pleased with how they turned out. They are made with the white icing you put on Christmas cake. I think it is what is referred to as fondant.

I followed the instructions here

I did well in the bake-off.

The pigs in mud originally came 2nd in the decorated cake section but when it then won the overall People's Choice award (by a large margin apparently) they then made another entry 2nd so the prizes got spread out. I do have a pic of it with 2nd on it (as proof) before they swapped them though 8)

The Polka Dot cake came 2nd in the cake section and a lot of people wanted to know how it was done.

The Caramella slice came 3rd in the slices and biscuits section. The cup cakes were not placed.

I now have a ceramic plaque for the People's Choice Award, 2 honey products, some After Dinner Mints, a meat voucher and a jewellery voucher :dnc1:

They auctioned off the 14 decorated entries and the pigs got the highest price of $50, with the cheapest being $25 so I think their fund raising efforts went well. :happy1:

Pics of the entries here

The turtle won the decorated cake section.

All cupcakes, except my banoffee ones, were done by 13 years and under.