Auckland Fish keepers out of Recess

Wok

Now the important part.

When should we hold the next meeting and Where?

Could do my place again.

You can decide on what cake I could bake for the meeting.

If you arrive late, you get no cake.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there still cake if we go to bad food restaurant?

they have great milkshakes at Carl's Jnr, haven't tried the other desserts

If you want cake, before burgers we could sit in the carpark, eat cake hanging around Wok's car and warm our hands on the exhaust pipe.

in fact we could do that anywhere, we don't need to be at a fast food restaurant :slfg:

they have great milkshakes at Carl's Jnr, haven't tried the other desserts

If you want cake, before burgers we could sit in the carpark, eat cake hanging around Wok's car and warm our hands on the exhaust pipe.

in fact we could do that anywhere, we don't need to be at a fast food restaurant :slfg:

I'm not sure Wok makes the kind of cake you eat in the car park of a bad food restaurant.

But hey, you give Sam $20.00 and Wok gives you a slice of cake.

I'm thinking we could wander the 4 corners of Auckland north, south, west, east picking up members like the pied piper.

So if this meeting is more to the south, so be it.

Everywhere is a long way for someone........

Cause exchanging cash for cake in the backseat of a car in a fastfood carpark won't attract police attention :o

You're right though Geoff, no matter where we decide it will be a great distance but until we get enough members to a. Rent a bus or b. Divide the AFA into N, S, E, W and Central factions, I think we'll have to come to a fair comprimise or meet via Skype.

pictures won't cut the mustard

I'm not too proud to eat cake in the carpark :bggrn:

have you fellas worked out where and when the meeting is going to be? Is there anyone out West? I'm Te Atatu North nowadays.

Surely since we are a fish related society we should be meeting up at a fish related place (e.g. hff, kelly tarltons etc.)?
A fish store isn't particularly suitable and going to Kelly Tarltons 4-12 times a year would cost a fortune. There's nothing wrong with meeting at someone's house or any public place with seats really.

Surely since we are a fish related society we should be meeting up at a fish related place (e.g. hff, kelly tarltons etc.)?

Herein with lies the great conundrum, the million dollar question.

Before "TI" (The Internet), people joined clubs to share information, learn, etc.

Now that we have the Internet, that seems to be somewhat obsolete. (I know I am making a generalization here, but in this city of a million or so people, there are less than 10 who are members of the AFA)

Take any group of people, who hang out with each other. Might be once a week they catch up for a beer, or once a month or something. When they started hanging out they all had something in common, perhaps they went to school together, or perhaps they rode bikes, or motorbikes, or played in a sports team.

I know that some folks who ride motorbikes go up to the Puhoi tavern on a Sunday for lunch.

They don't necessarily talk about bikes, they don't meet up at a bike shop, but bikes is what they have in common. That's the seed that started their friendship, or comradery.

So we have fish keeping as the thing we have in common.

We may all be nice people even.

It used to be that if you needed help with something you ask at the meeting, or ring someone from the club etc. Now all you need to do is post on the forum, sorted.

I don't see the point in having a meeting for having a meetings sake! That didn't seem to work last time.

Really I personally think that the club needs to have a purpose, a value proposition, some reason to join.

Something that you can't get from posting on a forum or talking to your LFS.

What that is, I'm not too sure yet.

So at the moment, I think we need to gather up a few people and then just figure out what it is we want to do.

I mean anything that gets me out of the fish room is a good thing :bggrn:

I looked up your location calculator, and figured that a summer day having fish and chips on the beach at Maraetai could be an outing? It's been way too long since I've been out that way.

I'm sure some of you have kids, and Wok and I bake, so we could have a stall at a school gala, or take some home baking to an old folks home.

We could have "east vs. west" go cart racing, go to the movies, arrange a super discount night at a LFS, have an aqua scape competition.

We could even talk about fish.....

Just a thought.

Anyone wants to discuss it more, in person, could come along to a meeting.

Cheers