fluval FX6

evil_elmo

isn't the fx5 like 50w? 10% that's a saving of 5w? you wouldn't even notice the saving in your power bill over a year..

Sure you would. If it is 5 watts the power decrease should pay for the upgrade in...Let me grab the calculator...50.84 years, assuming electricity prices stay the same. :)

isn't the fx5 like 50w? 10% that's a saving of 5w? you wouldn't even notice the saving in your power bill over a year..

*edit* It's 43W vs 50W, so 7W difference

7W * 24 hours * 365 days /1000 = 61.3kwh per year saved, or ~ $10.50 depending on how much you pay for power...

Sure you would. If it is 5 watts the power decrease should pay for the upgrade in...Let me grab the calculator...50.84 years, assuming electricity prices stay the same. :)

But it must be so much better than an FX5 that you only need to run it for 1/2 the time ... so will therefore pay for it's self in, what..., about 10 years?

But it must be so much better than an FX5 that you only need to run it for 1/2 the time ... so will therefore pay for it's self in, what..., about 10 years?

Ahhh....8.95 years. So pretty close to 10 years.

I have always been a huge fan of canisters. but recently, i decided to do away with them completely.

the unit looks cool but apart from more efficient power ($10 a year) - there is no different, everything looks the same!

in saying that, why fix it if it ain't broken?

yeah, precisely.

I think its annoying when companies do that.

it irritates me, I mean, they could have introduced something fancier with the fx6 just to sweeten the deal maybe.

maybe in build heating.

in build thermometer.

in built ph, thermometer, heater.

etc.

I mean, it isn't difficult.

it proabably costs $10 more, they can sell that premium for $20