where do you waste time on the internet

Rainy? That's an understatement!

I browse a few image boards, a bit of reddit, various forums and TradeMe of course. I also love Googling whatever I'm into, I just spent half the day researching TVs and building micro PCs :smln:

I do not waste time on the internet, everything I do on it is useful. :dnc1:

I come in here as often as possible merely to moderate, and also mod on one other site.

I use Google to check references or look up information.

I find recipes.

I occasionally get sidetracked in Youtube while looking for something else.

I look at lolcats every now and then.

I check Facebook to see what my kids are up to and it is the easiest way to communicate with my daughter.

I buy, or download free, ebooks and check The Book Depository and Fishpond.

Occasionally look at Amazon for stuff other than books.

Skype a couple of friends almost daily.

Don't play games.

Don't buy from Trademe much these days (often cheaper to buy new from overseas)

Aside from other forums and googling whatever dream fish I'm into this week, Farmville is my dirty little secret :oops:

FB apps are a terrible timewaster. I used to play one called Fairyland and I'd be on it just about all day and late into the night - but it's nothing but a complete timewaster so I got rid of it. I looked at Farmville but hated the look of the characters as all those apps seems to have - small bodies and big heads, hideous creatures!

I don't do much on the net now - browse a few forums, check Stuff and TM etc. but don't waste time on it anymore. Most of my time on the PC is offline playing Tomb Raider custom levels (not at the mo though).

I sometimes wonder why I'm paying $55.95 a month for something I rarely use :dno:

If I had a crowbar to prize the xbox controller out of my fiancé's hand I would ditch the Farmville and play Assassin's Creed instead. It is totally against my grain to play something like Farmville which is why it is my dirty little secret. I rarely spend more than an hour a day on it, too many other things to do, like water changes! But Farmville definitely falls into the category of "waste time on the internet" :bggrn: