April 24, 201313 yr comment_526274 Why are all the best looking fish always the rarest? I'm on a species hunt to find what kind of rarer species are available in the big NZ - preferably legal and good looking (16+ , lol bad joke) Anyway, post your suggestions, they don't have to be super rare, just good looking and uncommon. If you could also tell me how rare some of the fish below are THANKS! Delhezi Sun Cat Senegal Bichir Tiger Fish Elephant Nose Half Beak Leaf Fish Pantadon Butterfly Scarlet Pleco Scat Report
April 24, 201313 yr comment_526279 Why are all the best looking fish always the rarest? Because if they're common then they become average looking and boring. Like those ugly stupid discus. Report
April 24, 201313 yr comment_526284 Pics not working. I'd say the Scarlet Pleco (L25) is probably the rarest as I doubt it has ever actually been imported before. Report
April 24, 201313 yr Author comment_526293 Yea i suppose the more you see a fish the less attractive it becomes over time. Its just a shame we don't get as much variety in species here than in other countries. Thanks David - Fixed now. That scarlet is freakishly awesome, I'm sure Ive read something about someone having one here in nz, maybe mistaken. Report
April 24, 201313 yr comment_526297 I'm sure we get most of those in NZ, have you asked Organism about these fish? It seems like you might be interested in 'oddballs' :lol: Report
April 24, 201313 yr comment_526299 Yup, not sure about the halfbeak or the sun cat, but I've definitely seen the others available here. And other than the scarlet are pretty common(Common on the scale of uncommon fish) Report
April 24, 201313 yr Author comment_526302 Definitely into the odd balls lol, variety is the spice of life ^^. Just found a "rope fish" come on trademe, you don't see those everyday. But in auckland of course Report
April 25, 201313 yr comment_526376 yeah, almost all of t hem are around. scarlet, not sure, apparently some came in ages ago, ig ot one but unfortunately disappeared.... (as in, dead or eaten) Report
April 26, 201313 yr comment_526451 rare fish I have had.... hmmm been a few rarest I think was the Dicrossus filamentosus or the wild caught kribs which seem to have all been crossed or disapeared or the white calvus the chocolate cichlids dont seem to popular now either or the Nannacara anomala or Nannacara aurocephala few of the Aluanocara seem to have dropped off and the Haps Like the Browns and the Burtoni Oh well Report
April 26, 201313 yr comment_526452 yeah, i still have 2. slow growers, but steady growers. they get to 45cms eventually. i th ink it will get there, these cats are long lived. want big cats. not many around. rarest i have had is an arrowhead puffer. Report
April 30, 201313 yr comment_526788 Nearly all those fish are here +1. try wonderworld Rotorua, they have them all. Report
May 1, 201313 yr comment_526835 redwood aquatics had quite a couple of halfbeaks when i went today! Report
May 6, 201313 yr comment_527293 most of those were reasonably common, just ask your LFS whats on the oddball list some time. Report
May 28, 201313 yr comment_529281 I asked my LFS proprietor about his oddballs and if he had any but he wasnt impressed! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.