silent and I mean SILENT Air Pumps ?

aotealotl

I have enough of that stupid humming sound coming from all my 'el cheapo' Air Pumps not to mention the rattle from them jumping around. what brand or model can you recommend which is totally silent (and does not vibrate the whole room) ? I need it to supply air to up to eight breeding boxes (Newts, Axolotle), a medium size pump will do. thanks

Eheim make great ones. Any water movement is going to create some noise though.

I am fine with the 'bubbling noise' but I can't stand the air pump noise anymore, it is so bloody silent here in Naseby (except if the neighbours have their bi-weekly lawn mower orgy - who has the shortest)... thanks

I am fine with the 'bubbling noise' but I can't stand the air pump noise anymore, it is so bloody silent here in Naseby (except if the neighbours have their bi-weekly lawn mower orgy - who has the shortest)... thanks

They are generally a bit more expensive, but totally worth it if you want something quiet imo.

You can hang them too.Most have a hole you can hang them from a nail or something. I've found even the best pumps I've had start silent but get a bit louder over time. Almost all move air by oscillating small bellows at mains frequency, so I don't think it's possible to do anything but minimize the hum.

this one time i had a real loud air pump, i put the air pump in the next room and ran the cable under the door lol

worked sweet.

these days i don't need an air pump because i have this awesome power head current maker thing that has an air intake on it and literally fills my entire aquarium with tiny little air bubbles. i'd recommend it for everybody that is sick of air pumps.

it's not quiet unless i put the air intake hose outside. but that's ok because i am getting really quite deaf now.

I have a REALLY old airpump where the one way valves have hardened making heaps of noise, if you can replace the valves (some that are rubber can be soaked in engine stopleak to soften them (make sure you clean them off REALLY well)) you can stop the noise.

most are designed to be silent anyways.

Eheim make great ones. Any water movement is going to create some noise though.

My Eheim hasn't even lasted a year... For some reason it just stopped producing the amount of air that it used to. It only produces a few little bubbles (that is with the outlet fully opened and the airstone removed). The Hailea air pump I have now is a lot more noisey but it works better.