does anyone know if the no blue tounge north of bombays

dragonz1833

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may or may not be bollocks but it is the law. You would be unwise to advertise on a public forum that you have illegal animals if that is the case. It has been mentioned that they are not permitted in the Auckland region many times in the past on this site.

if your refering to me,im not interested in selling ,breeding or displaying.And if its in general,do you realy think there interested in enforcing it unless somone is reported and then the have to? apparently they are far to busy.

Wether "they" enforce it or not is not the point. The Federation does not wish to be seen to support people breaking the law. The question was asked and the answer given. I guess the perceived problem with bluies is that they have live young so egg incubation temperatures are not a factor in wether or not they could survive and breed in the wild.

It was an Auckland Regional Council restriction so would cover the area that was covered by the ARC. It will remain until or if it is changed by the joint authority. I have not been able to confirm about further north. I cantacted a guy at the Regional Council here who had contacts up north but was unable to get confirmation. I suspect it does not apply anywhere other than ARC area, but these things are constantly under review and could change at any time. The guy I contacted at Ecan had no desire to ban them--was more interested in cockatoos and ravens

yeah. it's a fair point to say that if they are going to ban blueys then why not ban the myriad of other exotic creatures that are legally kept here but could easily establish themselves in the wild and become a threat to our native wildlife. ie almost all exotic birds, water dragons, etc.. why have they just focused on the BTS - which likely wouldn't even survive an NZ winter in the wild..

yeah. it's a fair point to say that if they are going to ban blueys then why not ban the myriad of other exotic creatures that are legally kept here but could easily establish themselves in the wild and become a threat to our native wildlife. ie almost all exotic birds, water dragons, etc.. why have they just focused on the BTS - which likely wouldn't even survive an NZ winter in the wild..

because they are livebearers