strange horse shoe larvae/beetle, what is it?

dino

that would almost be worth going to the hassel of scoring a permit for.

I have heard they are around most of the country, might have to have a peek in the pond vacume bags before they empty them out

Every claim of seeing them in NZ, at least from all the previous threads about triops seem to boil down to variations of "When I was a kid I think I saw some in a pond once." And "I've heard they used to be in XXXXX"

Every claim of seeing them in NZ, at least from all the previous threads about triops seem to boil down to variations of "When I was a kid I think I saw some in a pond once." And "I've heard they used to be in XXXXX"

thats what i've discovered as well.... then again I have access to MANY ponds as we have a pond cleaning service. so I might be lucky.

I've had a few hunts around but no luck... did see some dried eggs in a kit for sale in an auction last year (probably illegally imported)

was a article on them in TFH a few years back too

I did not know what it was, so what I will do is set up a tank.

If I get them to breed, I will give them away.

I will now start hunting in my pond.

I introduced tadpoles there from a pond up the hill a few years ago, I must have collected an egg or two with the debris.

I will keep you all posted.