ok to save us all some surfing post your stoopid stuff here

F15hguy

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's not uncommon to have a semi-pet hedgehog tho is it?

as a smoker i'm often outside at night, so i always see/hear hedgehogs, and leave cat pellets out for them.. they can eat a lot of cat pellets! they also loooove soggy bread, preferably soaked in milk but water will do.

they are very tame if you are non menacing, and if you start feeding them, they will keep coming back to the same place for more.

Hedgehogs prey on the endangered, endemic giant snails (Powelliphanta), the endemic weta species, and various other native invertebrates. The critically endangered Cromwell chafer beetle (Prodontria lewisi) is threatened due to predation by hedgehogs as well as other introduced species.

As well as preying on invertebrates hedgehogs may have contributed to the decline and extinction of up to fifteen bird species!!!!

The New Zealand hedgehogs, as with their European counterparts, carry various parasites and diseases. They are a potential carrier of foot-and-mouth disease if it were to reach New Zealand.

Contrary to popular belief, hedgehogs dont carry fleas and ringworms are not common but some hedgehogs do suffer from mange. This is caused by a small mite, which is not harmful to humans but can cause enormous suffering to the hedgehog.

We had one hedgehog in our yard for a while and then one day I saw this hedgehog walking in the middle of the road, so I placed him at the side and he was in the middle again, so I placed him the other side and he went to the middle again, so I picked him up and carried him to our back yard, we have lots of fruit trees and placed him there under a lot of wood we had stacked there. Yesterday the kids called me and told me to look, there is a whole family of hedgehogs in our yard now, no idea if they moved here or is the making of the two in our yard LOL I have a cat, but she stays clear of them, she watches them but never stalks or attacks

It really anoys me that the national government changed the legislation to allow cats in food premises and no government since has had the guts to ban them as they should have. If people want to have their pussies dirty backside all over their food preparation areas I guess that is their right but I think a member of the public paying for food in a registered public food premises should be entitled to know that the food was prepared on a surface not contaminated by a cat's anus.