local quarantine, Expression of interest"

Jaxxnz

Keen to setup a local quarantine in my spare workshop, I don't really believe in the big cost of setting up one!! It like people expression of building a tank or stand they reckon the cost is so extreme!

Building a fish tank! And a quarantine! And I don't think Its harder than building a house!!

Seeking for partnership or helper:

Person can read and write!! :gigl:

Keen reliable and motivated in speaking and writing,

Knowledge in testing water and treating contaminate waste water eg..(iam not expect a real scientist, learn as we go type person ok..)

Has a car /phone is a must!!!

Age 18+, honestly, good sense of humour, **no baby sitting**

Location base in South Auckland.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keen to setup a local quarantine in my spare workshop, I don't really believe in the big cost of setting up one!! It like people expression of building a tank or stand they reckon the cost is so extreme!

Building a fish tank! And a quarantine! And I don't think Its harder than building a house!!

Seeking for partnership or helper:

Person can read and write!! :gigl:

Keen reliable and motivated in speaking and writing,

Knowledge in testing water and treating contaminate waste water eg..(iam not expect a real scientist, learn as we go type person ok..)

Has a car /phone is a must!!!

Age 18+, honestly, good sense of humour, **no baby sitting**

Location base in South Auckland.

I think you need to do it yourself, and sell the species you import.

having an arrangement like this is really a business arrangement.... personally, i would want documents drawn up and a company formed....to get involved in a joint venture

I have imported fish in a previous life.

Step one is go to see MPI and get the physical requirements for importing and quarantine of fish

Step two is go to your local authority and get their requirements for the importation and quarantine of fish

Step three is go to your Regional Council and get their requirements for the importation and quarantine of fish.

Step four is cost it all out and see if you would rather do it or just dream about it.

Step one is go to see MPI and get the physical requirements for importing and quarantine of fish

Step two is go to your local authority and get their requirements for the importation and quarantine of fish

Step three is go to your Regional Council and get their requirements for the importation and quarantine of fish.

Step four is cost it all out and see if you would rather do it or just dream about it.

In Auckland step two and three are the same thing now :lol:

Those issues still need to be addressed. There are requirements for the construction of the building and the equipment in it, the behavour of workers and the proccesses within the building and the disposal of waste water etc. The building needs to be listed in the gazette and to meet the requirements of the district and regional plans. This could mean building consents, and resource consents as well as approvals from MPI.

Many thanks for the good advise, as i know with requirement is not that easy to swing through. But

It seem like many people are on about the cost of setting it up!!

May I ask u ,what was approx or extract cost to set one up back in your day? Excluding tanks and stand of course?

Those issues still need to be addressed. There are requirements for the construction of the building and the equipment in it, the behavour of workers and the proccesses within the building and the disposal of waste water etc. The building needs to be listed in the gazette and to meet the requirements of the district and regional plans. This could mean building consents, and resource consents as well as approvals from MPI.

Iam base in business zone5, commercial and light industrial area, I got my resource consent to operated retail..every thing is possible if you are keen at it!!

I hear from a petshop owner saying there was a man who set up a quarantine in his home garage before,,

Most people will tend to think it a big mission for all the construction,plumbing and fitting!!

But if you are in the trade and know what u are doing then a septic tank to dispose contaminate water isn't much on a headache!!

Iam base in business zone5, commercial and light industrial area, I got my resource consent to operated retail..every thing is possible if you are keen at it!!

I hear from a petshop owner saying there was a man who set up a quarantine in his home garage before,,

Most people will tend to think it a big mission for all the construction,plumbing and fitting!!

But if you are in the trade and know what u are doing then a septic tank to dispose contaminate water isn't much on a headache!!

Its more about the red tape than anything, im sure it has been done before, but has it been done in an economically viable way??

you would nee a rather large septic tank to dispose of the amount of water required..

yes can be done in a garage

allow an extra 15G on top of costing for loss of entire shipment

and idle time between shipments

Planning to do small shipment with requested list, not really keen to purchase big bulk of shipment..

I also ware of percentage of loss during quarantine process. :thup:

you would nee a rather large septic tank to dispose of the amount of water required..

A guy set up a quarantine in his home garage..I can't think of him having a large 10k litre septic tank under his garage floor!!

Septic tank can be any container keeping water while treating it..

good on ya, I'm sure every1 here is supporting you all the way just helping you realise that the powers that be (and the people that whisper in their ears hint hint) will try and make it harder for you.

if you get through all the bull though im sure the helpers and offers will come rolling in.

I for one am very keen to know how you go

im pretty sure there was a topic recently in which some members had concerns about the conditions you keep your own fish in and now your going to quarantine thousands of dollars worth of fish? :dunno:

I don't think it was the conditions, more the fact he likes to make weird lil hybrid mutants kinda like a mad scientist.

Many thanks that I could say!!

Iam still keen to seeking for more good people in here to take this challenge up to the next level,

Is still a short number.

but my question to most of you here is?

Iam willing to offer a great opportunity to help you and me getting in what we really want instead of waiting n waiting for the importer!!

Why aren't some of you not real keen to get up and giving me a hand to accomplish this opportunity?

I'd be worried about MAF allowing you to run a QT after your visit last week re: the moss balls :-?

In life there are think to be learn, I like to take challenge,

Actually maf man was very happy dealing with me, they love my fish tank..

He is one of the member in here, don't worry I won't mention is nick :gigl:

People can think what ever they like about, I like to do what ever I like to do..

People can think what ever they like about, I like to do what ever I like to do..

This sort of attitude could put a lot of people off working with you.

Why aren't some of you not real keen to get up and giving me a hand to accomplish this opportunity?

Not all of us require a particular fish that isn't already here. I am happy with the fish that I have.