Post your reptile/amphibian photos

emaytiti

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few people have had them but they were destroyed by MPI.

Yeah i heard that :( its a bit tragic cus they can be really nice pets and are vegeterians. Also they would have cost around $5000 each :/ so i would understand that if u did have one then you wouldnt be telling anyone about it.

I don't really understand why there is a problem having monitors and iguanas in New Zealand when we have cats and other common pets running around the back yard killing native birds and lizards. For example when i lived with my grandparents there were tons of geckos and skinks behind the house, then after the next door neighbor moved in with two cats i never saw any again... :an!gry

I don't really understand why there is a problem having monitors and iguanas in New Zealand when we have cats and other common pets running around the back yard killing native birds and lizards. For example when i lived with my grandparents there were tons of geckos and skinks behind the house, then after the next door neighbor moved in with two cats i never saw any again... :an!gry

Yes cats are a huge concern to conservationists but this is why we have traps for wild cats and other pests but unfortunatly plenty of domestic cats are causing problems which is why i think they should be banned in areas that have a population of rare native wildlife. They are simply not letting in any forign animals even if they are vegeterian and would most likely die in new zealands cold, wet environment without proper lighting and care. Kinda ridiculous, especially if they are allready here.

Yes cats are a huge concern to conservationists but this is why we have traps for wild cats and other pests but unfortunatly plenty of domestic cats are causing problems which is why i think they should be banned in areas that have a population of rare native wildlife. They are simply not letting in any forign animals even if they are vegeterian and would most likely die in new zealands cold, wet environment without proper lighting and care. Kinda ridiculous, especially if they are allready here.

let's not get into this again...

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=62204&hilit=does+anyone+else+love+cats

now back on topic...

252765_10151022702463933_696388158_n.jpg

how about we charter a little Piper or Cessna and fly under the radar over to OZ, fill the bloody thing up with reptiles and frogs we like to have and fly back to NZ and land on a mates paddock ? - What ? has been done before ? bugger... :wink:

Hahah really? How did it turn out for the crazy fellas?

Many moons ago I was asked if I was prepared to put up some money and go for a trip to Australia with a group of similar minded men. Buy a boat and 500 sulphur crested cockatoos at $A5 each and sail back to NZ. Then to export to USA 10 a week for $nz1000 each. The deal was that if aproached by customs or police the birds were released and the cages thrown overboard. I turned it down but you can be sure someone took my place. I spoke to a guy who told me he had seen a flock of sulphur crested cockatoos flying past Mt Egmont and coming from the sea. They are not sea birds.