seriously ? $33 for 25 tadpoles ?

aotealotl

what do I miss here ? http://www.trademe.co.nz/pets-animals/r ... 716601.htm are people nowadays really that lazy that they wont go out into the free and get their own tadpoles ? I could understand it for gold or albinos but for the normal, common frogs out there ? sorry, I don't get it... :tears:

what do I miss here ? http://www.trademe.co.nz/pets-animals/r ... 716601.htm are people nowadays really that lazy that they wont go out into the free and get their own tadpoles ? I could understand it for gold or albinos but for the normal, common frogs out there ? sorry, I don't get it... :tears:

Tell me where I can go collect that many tadpoles if I wanted? Because I don't know of any.

about 15 years ago on dads property, every pond had frogs or tadpoles. Then one year they virtually all disappeared. I have no idea why, and they have never come back. Is it wrong to re introduce them do you think?

I always thought that frogs return to where they were spawned so if you planted some tadpoles in a pond wouldn't they grow into frogs and then leave?

or is it that they return to their tadpole home?

or am I completely bonkers, telling old wives tales? 8)

Tell me where I can go collect that many tadpoles if I wanted? Because I don't know of any.

Second that.

Any places free to catch in Wellington?

here's a thought, you could probably ask every young kid in a rural area (or a teacher in a rural school) and they can tell you

I just can't understand, sorry my ignorance but if you are interested in keeping tadpoles shouldn't you get informed on how to keep them in the first place which involves to go out and explore their natural habitat and you will find them there ? maybe I am just too old school... :tears:

I always thought that frogs return to where they were spawned

Sophia, in Europe we have (had) several species which would only return and spawn where they were spawned. if the pond was removed and replaced by a shopping mall or an other speculative object whole populations where killed in a couple of years.

are people nowadays really that lazy that they wont go out into the free and get their own tadpoles ? I could understand it for gold or albinos but for the normal, common frogs out there ? sorry, I don't get it... :tears:

hmm.... Your sig says "PM me if you have any frogs or tadpoles for sale, thank you"

Not so much. I found it odd that you're asking to buy tadpoles, then saying that you find it strange that someone is selling them :dunno:

you're right, sorry, maybe I should have mentioned Whistler and Bell Frog tadpoles as well beside the golden and albinos in my first post so I wouldn't confuse anyone...