July 21, 201313 yr Author comment_534852 Today's update: the riverbed tank is now empty of loaches, they went to live with NoFishing who has 2 more of their cousins. And they'll have a much bigger tank to play in, with fresh snails. :bounce: I'm sorry to see them go but I felt it was time for a change. I'm thinking of replacing them either with kuhli loaches, pygmy cories, or a small schooling fish. However it won't be happening just yet, I'm going to leave it a while and brew on it. Report
July 22, 201313 yr comment_534945 I've been waiting patiently for the new arrivals to settle down.... Do they ever run out of energy? :roll: I got the other two out of my mini fish tank finally. One of them I didn't so much catch as just wore him out till he ran out of gas and almost fell into the net. Took about 30 minutes though. He's having a good rest now. So just 5 are all swimming around.... and around.... and around together at the moment and one of the little Oto's has decided he wants to be a chain loach now and is trying to keep up with them. Maybe coincidence but one of my Neon Tetra's has quite a good bite mark on her mouth area so will keep have to keep a close eye.... not that I would have a hope in hell of catching them again. :facepalm: All in all, a great addition to the community. Thanks Sophia. Report
July 22, 201313 yr comment_534951 Interested that you rehomed your loaches!! They are really cute little guys but man are they boisterous little things. Many fish just can't handle them. I had 8 Chains in with a bunch of Panda cories and they harassed the pandas relentlessly, wouldn't let them eat... Now they are in a tank with a bunch of Clown Loaches -- I hope the Clowns give them a taste of their own medicine! Muahaha! :lar: All of that aside -- they are so adorable they way they school out in the open. Love this tank btw Sophie. Planning on centering my next tank around cories. Report
July 22, 201313 yr Author comment_534967 All in all, a great addition to the community. Thanks Sophia. No worries, I'm glad they are a bigger group now, much more fun for them and the watcher. I never saw them nip another fish but when I had them in a different tank with minifish I found one with a bite mark too. They like to chase around and around and will probably take at least a week for them to slow down. When I changed things around they were excited for ages, playing in the current. Love this tank btw Sophie. Planning on centering my next tank around cories. thanks. It's very quiet in there now without the loaches. Geoff the catfish had a rude awakening when I caught the loaches as I had to take apart his end of the tunnel. It didn't go back the same way so now I have another window by which to see him. Report
August 3, 201313 yr Author comment_535857 today's update video 5 mins long, with music this time.... Am brewing a slight rescape ... am going to open up the tunnel in the middle so I can see Geoff when he's hiding. Since I put the tunnel back together after catching the loaches it's not the same and daylight gets in, making him hide further in. If I make the tunnel shorter I'll at least see his fishy bottom wiggling at dinner time :sml2: Report
August 10, 201313 yr Author comment_536426 rearranged the right hand side today so I could see inside every tunnel at least part way, and Geoff the catfish has still managed to disappear somewhere :sml1: Report
August 12, 201313 yr Author comment_536527 Geoff thought he could outsmart me, and he did. But then he couldn't resist coming to the biggest cave and accidentally letting me see his tail. I'd like to see him eating one day but he prefers to show his bottom. :gigl: Report
August 12, 201313 yr comment_536528 I'd like to see him eating one day but he prefers to show his bottom. :gigl: Geoff or the fish? :digH: Report
August 12, 201313 yr Author comment_536533 I can't speak for KrazyGeoff, only Geoff the catfish :oops: Report
August 13, 201313 yr comment_536554 Maybe if it was smaller, or if it didn't know what a belt was for...... Either way, I was thinking "we'll done Sam"....... Report
August 13, 201313 yr Author comment_536562 Sam's just getting me back for ruining his egg competition in the what'sup thread :sml2: Report
December 16, 201312 yr Author comment_543431 Video Update This tank now houses almost all the celestial pearl danios I bred in the minifish breeding project, and an oto. The rocks are all still in place but are now interspersed with rocks from the other planted tank and more java fern. This is sort of a temporary rockpile, but I like how it looks in the meantime. Report
December 28, 201312 yr Author comment_543895 Update time: Today I rearranged the rock pile to something obviously more organised and less natural, but I’m happy with it once more. The fish are now playing in the current in the middle where there is now a lot of swimming room. The crypts weren’t liking being shaded out either, so they should do better again now. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.