Game meats

smidey

so, what meats other than beef, chicken, lamb & pork do people eat, any game meat eaters here?

the reason i ask is i shot some goats a few days ago and usually they are for dog food but decided to give a rear quarter to my wife to try to cook for dinner, slow cooked it with garlic, sage and a few other herbs and it was excellent. It was a little strong as the animals i got were young billies but i would certainly eat them again and will keep an eye out for nannies next time i'm out.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

duck veni and goat are all good when done rite. I had emu when I was younger, very strong taste in that. would definitly do it again if I ever see it. As a side note, has anyone had veal in NZ, I have never seen it for sale at a super market or at a resturant I have always wanted to give that a go

duck veni and goat are all good when done rite. I had emu when I was younger, very strong taste in that. would definitly do it again if I ever see it. As a side note, has anyone had veal in NZ, I have never seen it for sale at a super market or at a resturant I have always wanted to give that a go

we call that spam here don't they?? :sml1:

Spam (shortened from spiced ham)[1] is a canned precooked meat product made by the Hormel Foods Corporation, first introduced in 1937. The labeled ingredients in the classic variety of Spam are chopped pork shoulder meat, with ham meat added, salt, water, modified potato starch as a binder, and sodium nitrite as a preservative (wiki)

Spam (shortened from spiced ham)[1] is a canned precooked meat product made by the Hormel Foods Corporation, first introduced in 1937. The labeled ingredients in the classic variety of Spam are chopped pork shoulder meat, with ham meat added, salt, water, modified potato starch as a binder, and sodium nitrite as a preservative (wiki)

so it aint corned beef in a can :) i have eaten both and there's a big difference. :o

I have eaten neither, but I shall be going to my local New World tomorrow and getting a can of spam after all this chat about meat it has made me NEED to try it

:slfg:

if your going to comment on rubbish meat you need to try it first :D let us know what you think of them.

hare, rabbit, possum, goat, venison, wallaby, horse, wild pig, duck, swan and guinea pig (and did even try wood pigeon - did fly into a big glass windows and break the neck - would have been a waste not to try it)

next on the list is Weka (from a breeder not the wild)

hare, rabbit, possum, goat, venison, wallaby, wild pig, duck, swan and guinea pig (and did even try wood pigeon - did fly into a big glass windows and break the neck - would have been a waste not to try it)

next on the list is Weka (from a breeder not the wild)

Your not related to those swedish backpackers that came over here and poached some wood pigeons and put the video on youtube are you? :o:wink:

Your not related to those swedish backpackers that came over here and poached some wood pigeons and put the video on youtube are you? :o:wink:

I thought they were norwegians but no I am not...

...I'm swiss not swedish, it's not the same :wink:

and I didn't poach anything, instead to leave it rot, give it to a cat or toss it in the awful hole I ate it... :thup:

and did you know that the Mayas did eat Axolotl ? hmmmm... ? :nilly: